Amazon is the biggest online marketplace in the world. It has a huge audience, and it is one of the places where you can sell your products.
But, selling on Amazon is not an easy task. In fact, it is one of the most challenging things you will ever do in business.
If you are planning to sell on Amazon and want to become an Amazon seller, then this guide will help you get started.
In this article, we will share some insights that we got from Experts in the industry about selling on Amazon as a beginner and how to become an expert seller. Read their intensive guide here: https://www.zonbase.com/blog/amazon-fba-for-beginners-7-steps-to-start-selling-like-a-pro/
Ready to get the ball rolling? Read on.
Pick the Right Products
Before you start selling on Amazon, it is important that you pick products that are going to sell well. If you pick products that have low sales and no reviews, then it will be very difficult for you to make any money from them. You should avoid these types of products at all costs because they are not worth your time or effort.
Instead, focus on finding high-quality products with lots of reviews and good sales history. Identify which categories have high-profit margins.
For example, let’s say that you’re selling camping equipment and want to find keywords that have a high profit margin (more than 15%). The tool will show you several different categories with this number, such as “camping chairs” or “camping tents”. These are great categories to start with because they already have an existing customer base that wants these items and they already know what they want when they search for them online.
If possible, try to look for items that are already being sold by other sellers on Amazon so that you can learn from their mistakes and successes.
- Choose products that are in demand.
- Choose products with a high margin, or profit per unit.
- Choose products with high demand, as well as good conversion rates.
- Pick items which are easy to ship, source and sell.
- Look for items with a low return rate.
Create an Account
Once you have decided on the product to sell, it is time to create an Amazon seller account. The process should be easy and straightforward. You can create an account by visiting Amazon Seller Central and clicking on the Register Now button.
After clicking on the register now button, you will be directed to a page where you will have to fill in your personal details like name, address, phone number and email address.
The next step is filling in all these details, you need to enter your credit card information. This will be used by Amazon during tax collection periods so that they can deduct taxes from your earnings based on your location. If you are not comfortable with providing this information, then there is no need for worry as there are other payment options available such as PayPal or even cash deposits at any bank branch near you.
Once this step is done, you will need to agree to their terms and conditions before moving forward with creating your seller account. Once this is done successfully, congrats! You have just created an Amazon seller account successfully!
Find a trusted Supplier
Finding a trusted supplier will make or break your Amazon business. The best way to do that is to buy a product yourself and see if you pass your quality standards. If the outcome is good and the price is right, then you’re going to want to start selling it on Amazon and make money from home!
Remember that your supplier is your first line of defense in making sure that you will be able to sell on Amazon without any trouble. You have to make sure that they are not just a partner, but also a friend who can help you out in times when you need it the most…
Create and Optimize your Listings
You can use any of Amazon’s listing creation tools, including Zonebase, Seller Central, Merch by Amazon and Vendor Express.
Once you have created a listing, you need to optimize it before making it live on Amazon. The best way to do this is by using an A/B testing tool like JungleScout or Keyword Inspector which allows you to test different keywords against each other in order to see which ones provide higher conversion rates for your products. You can also take advantage of one stop software like Zonebase. Apps like Zonebase provide solutions for sellers in Amazon who want to incorporate automation in their business tasks. This type of powerful software can also make some data-driven decisions and consists of necessary tools for both product and keyword research. The software suite includes listing optimization resources, PPC advertising, and so much more.
Choose Your Order Fulfillment Wisely, Better yet Choose FBA!
Whether you’re selling on Amazon or any other online retailer, you’re going to have to make a choice about how you want your orders fulfilled. There are two main ways to do this and it all depends on what your goals are and where you see yourself in the future.
1. Merchant Fulfilled Prime – Seller sends products to their customers directly from their own warehouse or fulfillment center.
2. Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA) – Seller sends products to Amazon’s warehouses where they will be stored and shipped out to customers as needed.
If you want to build a sustainable business that will allow you to leave your job then the choice is clear: use Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA).
The reason I suggest using FBA is because it gives you access to Prime customers and Prime shipping rates. This means that any customer who buys from you will automatically qualify for free 2 day shipping and most likely faster shipping rates as well. In addition, if they return an item through their returns process, then it will be returned directly to Amazon without any cost or delay for either party involved. This saves time and money which is something that businesses need more than ever in today’s economy.
Make Your Shop Visible Through SEO
You can’t just create an Amazon shop and wait for the customers to come knocking on your door. You have to make it visible to them first!
The first step is to optimize your product pages for search engines. This is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO.
SEO is a process of getting visitors from search engines by increasing the visibility of your shop through rankings and keywords. Your aim should be to rank high in Google and Bing search results for relevant keywords related to your product.
Here are some tips for optimizing your shop:
1. Set up an account on Google AdWords and Bing Ads so that your products can be advertised online. These paid ads will appear on top of organic (free) searches on Google and Bing. This means that people looking for products related to yours will see these ads before they see any other results.
2. Create descriptions using carefully selected keywords that describe your products clearly and accurately. These descriptions should be short but interesting enough so that people will want to click through and read more about them!
3. Add plenty of pictures – at least 4-5 – of each product in different angles so that customers can get a good idea of what they’re buying before making a purchase decision.
4. Use keywords in titles and descriptions – If you want to sell your product on Amazon, you need to use the right keywords in your title and description. For example, if you sell an iPhone case with a picture of a cat on it, then you should use the word “cat” in your title and description.
5. Put your tags in the right order – Tags are very important because they tell people what kind of products they can find in your shop. Make sure that every tag is relevant to your product, but also make sure that they’re ordered by importance so that customers can easily find what they’re looking for.
The information you need to sell on Amazon like a pro is at your fingertips
Selling on Amazon is pretty easy once you know what to do and have a system in place. At first it may seem complicated but in actual sense, it’s simple if you follow the right steps. The tips above are just some list of things which will help you to sell on Amazon like a pro.