Digital marketing plays an increasingly important role in businesses today. So much of your bottom line depends on engaging your customers online. You can do this in many ways, including:
- Your website
- Social platforms
- Video content, and
- Smart devices
Digital marketing benefits by using OKRs (objectives and key results) to set goals and accelerate success at every level. Let’s look at how to use the OKR framework to develop a digital marketing strategy for a brand.
Understanding Digital Marketing Goals
Digital marketing involves many different strategies and channels to engage with your customers. These include;
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing (SMM)
- Video content creation
- Email marketing
- Pay-per-click advertising, and so on
Each of these elements needs clear goals, making OKR the right approach to achieve positive results.
Some digital marketing goals include:
- Increasing website traffic
- Improving search engine rankings
- Generating social media awareness
- Boosting lead generation and conversion rates
- Monitoring pay-per-click ad performance
You can only identify your OKRs when you have clear goals for your digital marketing strategy for a brand. Here are some examples of good digital marketing OKRs to get you started.
Note: Objectives are the “what” of your strategic plan and should be ambitious and inspiring to drive motivation. Key results are the “how” of your strategic plan. They track every step that achieves the objectives to keep you focused on every task.
Examples of Digital Marketing Benefits by Using OKRs
The digital marketing OKR examples below touch on different elements of a digital marketing campaign. Depending on your company size and industry, you can refine them to meet your business context.
Objective: Improve influencer marketing efforts
- Boost referral traffic for influencers from 1,000 to 3,000 per month
- Host 4 webinars per month with industry leaders
- Gather product reviews from industry experts every week
Objective: Boost subscriptions on YouTube
- Reach 50,000 watch hours
- Gather 5,000 referrals to your company website from YouTube
- Earn 10,000 new subscribers in Q3
- Reach an average of 10 minutes per view for each video
Objective: Build a content strategy
- Increase the number of trial customers into paying customers from 5% to 10%
- Increase search engine traffic from 2,000 to 5,000 per month
- Partner with five quality content creators for long-term work
Objective: Boost social media engagement
- Increase average shares across platforms by 50%
- Increase average followers across platforms by 50%
- Increase click-through from social content to the company website by 75%
Top 4 Benefits for Branding in Digital Marketing OKRs
When you use the OKR methodology in your digital marketing strategy, you gain the following benefits:
1. Clarity into Your Digital Marketing Strategy
One immediate benefit of OKR in branding is a defined and understandable vision and mission. OKRs help to break down the overall company objective into ambitious but achievable goals that inform the digital marketing strategy.
2. Concrete Digital Marketing Targets
The digital marketing OKR examples above clearly state the numbers and percentages against each key result. This classification helps to break down the long-term business marketing plan achievable goals. These can turn into daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals. Digital marketers need short cycles to keep pace with the dynamic nature of online marketing.
3. Improved Collaboration in Digital Marketing
Collaboration is one of the benefits of digital marketing by using OKRs. A reliable OKR software opens communication within the company. Here, everyone can see how their tasks and goals contribute to the overall company mission. This way, everyone’s contributions to the digital marketing strategy link together to break down siloes.
4. Increased Creativity
Digital marketing is highly competitive because audiences are constantly skimming through promotional content. Once OKRs are in place, digital marketers can take a creative approach to meet their key results. This results in increased business performance and brand awareness and loyalty among your customers.
There are plenty more digital marketing benefits to using OKRs to streamline your strategy. OKRs streamline your digital marketing processes and assign achievable tasks linked directly to your business performance.
The OKR methodology also generates valuable insights into your digital marketing capabilities, so you’ll understand which digital channels and content work best for your audience. Keep these tips in mind as you implement your branding in digital marketing today.