A product of Intuit, QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) is an application program designed to keep various departments organized. Besides, it helps you effectively track your sales, count inventories, and manage customer information.
When you host QuickBooks POS on the cloud, it offers you added benefits that can significantly transform your business. QuickBooks Cloud POS provides you with the required speed and efficiency of your business and enables you to sync orders, employee records, payroll data, etc., with a single click.
Read on to explore the features and benefits a cloud-hosted QuickBooks POS offer, and prepare yourself to take your business to the next level.
Features of Cloud QuickBooks POS
QuickBooks Cloud POS comes with all the advanced features you’d expect from a POS system. Integrated with QuickBooks software, POS allows you to experience various features like customer management, inventory tracking, automating banking processes, employee management, and more.
Here’s a deep dive into the range of features of a cloud-based QuickBooks POS:
- Tablet Functionality: Cloud QuickBooks POS is compatible with Microsoft Surface Pro, which increases your efficiency by enabling you to carry the POS system across the store premises. Your employees can walk up to the customers for payments rather than ask them to wait in a queue.
- Interactive Dashboard: The cloud-based QuickBooks POS gives you access to an interactive dashboard where you can perform multiple tasks, such as checking sales summary, list of fast-selling products, sales over time, sales graph, and more.
- Customer Information Accessibility: With QuickBooks POS, you can dive into additional information about a customer, such as account balance, history, available credit, etc., just by accessing the “Make a Sale” screen.
- Real-Time Inventory: Using the QuickBooks Cloud POS, you can keep the inventory up-to-date and organize it efficiently. You can achieve this by mapping each product’s color, ALU, quantity, description, selling price, etc. Besides, you can check the list of selling and non-selling products, which helps you to maintain stock. If you find a product low in quantity, a pre-set order point will notify you that it’s time to purchase the product and ensure sufficient supply.
- QuickBooks Integration: While most cloud-based POS systems offer some degree of integration with QuickBooks, you can seamlessly integrate the QuickBooks Cloud POS with QuickBooks.
QuickBooks allows you to manage, reconcile, analyze sales, and inventory effectively. The seamless integration of the cloud-based QuickBooks POS with the accounting software eliminates the requirement to transfer data from one system to another. As such, you can significantly reduce the chances of human error and save time in completing a task.
What are the Benefits of QuickBooks Cloud POS?
While there are plenty of benefits associated with QuickBooks Cloud POS, the below mentioned are some of the most useful ones that can transform the way you run your business:
1. Easy Accessibility
QuickBooks POS, when hosted on the cloud, gives you easy access to all your application resources. You can use internet-enabled devices like desktop computers, laptops, smartphones, or tablets to access the hosted POS application. As such, you get an excellent opportunity to access the application remotely while ensuring business continuity. Since your employees can also work from the comfort of their homes, you can get all the tasks done while ensuring safety and good health, especially during the current COVID-19 scenario.
2. Data Security
QuickBooks Cloud POS guarantees complete security from malicious software and natural disasters like floods, earthquakes, and fire. Hosting services from a reliable cloud hosting provider offer state-of-the-art security standards such as uninterrupted network monitoring, 256-bit data encryption, and a fully-clustered multi-tier structure to keep data safe and secure.
3. Automatic Data Backup
Another significant advantage of QuickBooks Cloud POS is that you get an automatic backup of your data. Such features ensure that your data is safe against accidental file deletion, hardware failure, and server crash threats. With the regular backup of your data, it becomes easy to retrieve the data in its original form during any unfortunate event leading to data loss.
4. 24×7 Customer Support
Availing cloud-based QuickBooks POS from a reliable hosting provider ensures you get round-the-clock customer support at no extra cost. Most cloud hosting providers are equipped with a dedicated team of professionals who caters to all your QuickBooks Cloud POS-related concerns. You can contact the customer service department by phone, chat, or email whenever you encounter any challenges.
5. Seamless Collaboration
With QuickBooks cloud POS, collaboration with accountants, bookkeepers, and third-party professionals improves. You get an excellent platform to share your files or data quickly, eliminating the requirement to send or receive them via email. This way, you can work with outsourced professionals smoothly and make quick decisions that ensure higher business growth.
Hosting QuickBooks POS on the cloud significantly reduces costs for your business while improving productivity and performance. When you opt for a cloud-based QuickBooks POS solution, you don’t need to invest upfront in infrastructure or hardware to implement the latest and most complex solutions. Besides, with system administration of cloud providers in place, the ongoing cost of maintaining your systems is significantly reduced.
Cloud-Based QuickBooks Has Its Place
There are many cloud-based POS systems in the market, but QuickBooks Cloud POS tops them. Apart from providing you with all the basic features and easy-to-use functionality, it helps improve your business’s management and enhances your employees’ ability to meet growing customer needs.
Irrespective of the size of your business, you can host the QuickBooks POS on the cloud and experience an enhanced point of sale performance.