To start in the world of time management, you must first need to learn what is time management and how it can help you. To put it simply, time management is a set of tools, skills, techniques and practices that will help you get the most out of your available time, increasing productivity, efficiency and improving your quality of life. Although we try to manage our time in different ways, not all of us have developed the proper skills to do it right, so we have some people that seems to get always everything done in a short amount of time, and we have other people (with good natural or learned time management skills) that always get things done.
Since time management is an important aspect of your life, it has a series of advantages and benefits in our lives both in the short and the long run. Perhaps the most obvious advantage is the amount of free time you will enjoy. When you plan and schedule activities you can get rid of activities that only waste your time throughout the day like waiting for people, surfing the Internet, preparing for a meeting, etc.
Another advantage is the relief from stress that comes from implementing the skills and tools of time management in your life. By organizing your activities you will reduce anxiety and the subsequent stress that comes when you have everything stuffed in your head.
Finally, time management will act as a motivator and achievement tool. When you have a plan in front of you, you tend to feel motivated, knowing what you have to do and in what time. At the same time, after completing each task you feel a sense of achievement and success that only brings good in your life and that will push you forward to big achievements.
As you see after learning what is time management, you can understand how it saves you time, free you from stress and help you stay focused and motivated. Now all you need to do is to start implementing the techniques until you master them. Remember to be flexible with your time management system to let it suit you better.
Clockify is the only completely free time tracking software for teams. It’s a simple time tracker and timesheet app for tracking work hours across projects. FREE!!!
- Time tracker
- Works everywhere
Toggl is the leading time tracking app for agencies, teams and small businesses. A simple time tracker with powerful reports and cross-platform functionalities. FREE!!!
- Boost productivityIncrease revenue
- Super simple time tracking
- Flexible and powerful reporting
- Works everywhere
- Win back your time
Time Tracking software with a track record. Time tracked on projects and tasks can be easily turned into shareable reports for your clients or managers.
- Track Time
- Define Time Logs
- Manage Tracked Time
- Lead Your Team
Simple time tracking app for Windows, Mac, Linux which helps you to control your time, increase productivity, monitor your team performance. FREE!!!
- Time Tracking
- Project Management
- Team Management
- Integrations and Apps
A personal analytics service that shows you how you spend your time and provides tools to help you be more productive.
- Detailed Reports
- Weekly Email Summary
- Set Goals for the Day
- Productivity Score
Scoro is an end-to-end business management software solution for professional and creative services that helps to streamline work and eliminate routine tasks.
- Manage your time and work with an unlimited number of projects and tasks
- Schedule meetings in a shared team calendar
- Assign and delegate tasks within the team
- Set priorities and deadlines to organize your work
- Track both billable and nonbillable time spent on projects, clients, and meetings
TSheets is employee time tracking and scheduling software that’s accurate to the second. Easily track time from anywhere, on any device, to see employee GPS location, simplify payroll, create and send accurate invoices, and save thousands on payroll costs each year.
- Mobile Timesheet Tracker
- Online Timesheet Tracking with GPS
- Timesheet Entry: Manual, Punch & Custom
- A fast, easy way for employees to track timesheets on site
- Tracking Employee Paid Time Off
- Employee Alerts and Reminders
- Employee Scheduling
Simple time tracking, fast online invoicing, and powerful reporting software. Simplify employee timesheets and billing.
- Track time and expenses
- Keep track of your team’s time
- Make sure your projects are healthy
- Take the pain out of getting paid
- Plan for the future
Orangescrum is awesome Project Management software and Task Management tool to organize projects, team, task and documents at one place. It’s customized and user-friendly features maximize your productivity.
- Manage Tasks At One Place
- Track The Smallest Of Tasks With Subtasks
- Agile Sprint Planning With Task Groups
- Task Linking
- Task Label
- Task Type
- Task Priority
- Project Template
Powerful To-Do list, task management & personal organizer software MyLifeOrganized designed to implement GTD (Getting Things Done) system.
- Create a To-Do list
- Outline Hierarchy
- Turn a Hierarchy into a To-Do List
- Location – Based Reminders
- Sync with Cloud
- Create Tasks via E-mail
Time tracking is easy in ProWorkflow through timesheets, mobile timer app, time tracker widget and more.
- Multiple methods for tracking Time
- Drag & drop or direct entry timesheet
- Quote and Invoice on time allocated and tracked
- Time allocated is used to calculate workload for Staff
- Desktop and Time Tracker Widgets
- iPhone app and ProWorkflow Mobile
Tick’s straightforward time tracking software and mobile apps help you track your time and hit your budgets.
- The timecard
- Running Timers
- Get instant budget feedback in the timecard
- Enter time from anywhere
Time tracking software equipped with budgeting, forward resource planning, expenses tracking, visual dashboards and flexible reports. Integrates highly natively with Asana, Basecamp, Trello, JIRA and more.
- Forward resource planning
- Your timer is just a click away
- Task management, made simple
- Your expenses, organized
- Turn your hours into dollars
Time Tracking Software with screenshots for monitoring remote employees. Track time, Save screenshots and Measure productivity.
- Invite Members To Join Your Project
- Start Team Member Time Tracking
- Set Up Screenshot Frequency
- Create As Many Projects As Needed
- Review Your Remote Workers Time
- Automatic Inactivity Checkout
- Generate Activity Reports And Graphs
- Review And Edit Employee Time As Needed
- Time Tracking Only Starts After Check In
- Set Default Rate Paid For Each Member
Time and billing software by BigTime, rated #1 in the Intuit Marketplace. Simple online time tracking and invoicing app for QuickBooks.
- Time tracking
- Expense Tracking
- Project Management
- Resource Allocation
- Billing & invoicing
- Mobile App
- DCAA timekeeping
- Professional services & training
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )