Educational materials in educational institutions, both printed and digital, look very uninteresting and not modern. Most of the books lack visualization, interactive functions, language explanation of the material. Because of this, students become bored and not ready to perceive new information. At the same time, even the teacher cannot colorfully describe the topic of the lesson. Pupils are faced with a creative crisis, do not want to study, not do assignments.
Therefore, teachers should motivate students to learn, and VR education can save the situation. Virtual technologies have already revolutionized many educational institutions. Students claim that virtual reality in the classroom helps:
- It is better to perceive the material;
- Make lessons fun;
- Makes you want to learn;
- Get the best grades in subjects;
- With the help of 3D visualization to see the world live and not in print.
Of course, virtual technologists are not suitable for all students. Some of them like to take material from printed books. However, this is only a small percentage of students. For those who find it easier to perceive material in a media format, VR technologies will make the learning process more fun. For example, students will be able to see countries, events, objects about which the teacher tells in the lesson: the history of creating the United States, the structure of the volcano, the reproduction of bacteria, and much more.
Table of Contents
What Is Virtual Reality And How Does It Work?
Let’s take a look at what virtual reality is and why it matters. Virtual reality (VR) is a computer-generated world that can be accessed using immersive devices – helmets, gloves, headphones. The virtual environment completely replaces the real world without reacting to its changes, while the user can influence it, immersing himself, for example, in a video game.
How Virtual Reality Will Change The Future?
RS Components has created a graph showing some of the most exciting predictions that will happen to VR over the next 50 years. If you are in doubt whether VR has a future, check out the experts’ predictions.
2025 – VR Headsets Will Look Like Sunglasses
VR headsets are relatively large and voluminous these days, which is why different brands are trying to make them look more attractive every year. As technology becomes more advanced, it is known that devices are getting smaller and thinner. The same will happen with VR headsets. From 2025 we will see them adopt the style of sunglasses.
2030 – Experience Of Life On Mars
Most famous billionaires promise flights to space and Mars, but ticket prices are astronomical. Virtual reality can allow us to see what life on Mars is like and what it feels like to travel in space. Not only is it an excellent alternative for those who cannot afford a ticket to the red planet, but this technology will also be beneficial for those who work in the space industry and want to use it for educational purposes.
2050 – Virtual Reality Fitting Rooms Appear
Online shopping has become more and more popular over the past decade. One of the current drawbacks of online retail shopping is buying something that doesn’t fit or doesn’t look right, but VR can help fix that. By 2050, consumers will try on clothes in their dressing rooms in virtual reality to see how wardrobe items are placed on them.
VR Benefits in Education
The main benefits of virtual reality in education include the following:
- Visibility. Virtual space allows you to immerse yourself in an atmosphere that you cannot recreate in real life. Trace the processes, examine and study complex objects and mechanisms, for example, the anatomical features of the human body. VR opens up amazing possibilities – to travel to the depths of the ocean or to become part of the bloodstream.
- Concentration. The absence of external stimuli allows you to be completely concentrated on the material being studied and, accordingly, to assimilate it better. For example, it will take less time to create a research proposal since a strong passion for the project will not let you be distracted by extraneous tasks.
- Involvement. Learning in virtual reality, students will conduct chemical experiments, become part of outstanding historical events, and solve complex problems in a more fun and understandable game way. Students may need college homework help in more advanced subjects, but other assignments will be easy for them to cope with.
- Security. In virtual reality, you can learn to carry out complex operations without any risks, hone your transport management skills, and experiment. No matter how difficult the task is, solving it the student will not harm himself or others. Also, if students have simple writing assignments, they can assign them to experts by saying – write my essay and devote the remaining time to exciting experiments.
Why Is Virtual Reality VR Important For Education And Training?
In school, college, university, VR technology will help you better absorb the material and understand its concept. For example, a teacher can explain how the lungs work, their functions, and how they look. However, it will be difficult for the student to understand what the lungs are without clear visualization. If the institution applies VR technology, the student himself will see all the elements of the lungs. Some educational institutions have carried out fascinating experiments:
- Yale University has tested VR technology for gallbladder surgery. One group used VR tools and was 29% faster and reduced the number of possible errors.
- Researchers in Beijing have applied the same technology. Two groups of students studied the same discipline but using different methods. The first group used textbooks, the second group of VR technologies. Students with the traditional teaching method passed the test by 73% and the VR group by 93%.
As you can see, VR is essential for education. Academic performance, dedication, grades are getting much better.
What Is The Future Of Virtual Reality In Education?
Very soon, over 100 US schools will start using VR screens so that students can walk through the deserts, descend into the Mariana Trench, climb the highest mountain without leaving the classroom. Such technologies are supported not only by scientists but also by teachers because they are confident that VR contributes to better learning and memorization of the material. Learning in a 3D environment can develop many skills that were previously unavailable. Students will become more educated. Yes, students can ask the experts for help with the words – write my paper, but they will do most of the assignments themselves. Students will have access to the screen and glasses, and the teacher will have access to the control panel. The teacher will supervise the entire learning process and, if necessary, can become part of a three-dimensional virtual reality. It will be easier for the teacher to explain the material and draw the students’ attention to essential details.
We are on the verge of a completely new stage in the development of the entire educational sphere. Do not be afraid of VR technologies because they can make the educational process more effective. Each of you must take a step towards the future. More educated students will be able to make the life of the world much brighter, more modern, and better.
Oscar Mitchall is a pretty inspiring blogger from the USA who always keeps his finger on the pulse. Oscar will never pass by cut edge technology, such as artificial intelligence. He is always happy to share his insights with a wide audience, so don’t miss the chance to expand your horizons.