Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions are designed to automate the collection of event log data from various security devices – helping security professionals make sense of the thousands of events generated through a common management console.
SIEM products use data aggregation and event correlation features similar to those of network-management software products but applies them to event logs generated from security devices such as firewalls, routers, proxy servers, intrusion-detection systems, email programs and antivirus software. SIEM products typically normalize data in order to apply user created rules or out-of-the-box rules. Typically SIEM solutions will translate events such as Cisco and Check Point Software alerts into a common format so the data can be correlated. Like network-management software, SIEM tools generally consist of server software, agents installed either on servers or security devices, and a central management console. SIEM solutions may include an appliance installed on a network for collection.
The below products automate the manual process of collecting event-log data from file systems, security appliances and other network devices like firewalls, routers, proxy servers, intrusion-detection systems, anti-virus software, in-line content filters, scanners, biometric devices, crypto suites and sensors. When deciding on a specific solution you need to have an accurate inventory of what you have before you choose a SIEM product. If the SIEM vendor can’t monitor all your devices, you will need to collect the data manually or use more than one tool.
The ROI for such systems is based on the time savings and additional productivity in having a single view of your security events and helping you to quickly spot problems through alerting and messaging. Deep forensics of specific events along with storage and archival of events are other factors to consider. Another major benefit of SIEM is in helping you create reports for regulatory compliance.
Managed Security Service Provider backed by industry-leading big data and deep human analytics providing enterprise networks with dispersed location protection.
- Sensor, agent or cloud configurable
- Real-time alerts
- Event correlation and analysis
- Multi-source log ingestion
- Shared portal and full nuSecure services integration
- Zero hardware or infrastructure costs to purchase, operate or integrate
- Customized parsers to integrate with any customer or industry specific technology
- 400 days of log data collection, facilitating threat hunting dwell time reduction
LogRhythm’s security intelligence and analytics platform enables organizations to detect, contain and neutralize cyber threats with threat lifecycle management.
- Fragmented workflows
- Lack of centralized visibility
- Lack of automation
- Segmented threat detection
- Information overload and alarm fatigue
- Swivel-chair analysis across multiple UIs
- Lack of metrics to understand maturity
At AT&T Cybersecurity our mission is to provide phenomenal threat intelligence, collaborative defense & effective security for organizations of all sizes.
- Asset discovery
- Vulnerability assessment
- Intrusion detection
- Behavioral monitoring
- SIEM event correlation
SolarWinds IT monitoring and management tools are built for SysAdmins and network engineers who need powerful and affordable tools. Get a free trial today.
- Integrated compliance reporting tools
- Event-time correlation of security events
- Automated threat remediation
- Advanced search and forensic analysis
- File integrity monitoring
- USB device monitoring
Micro Focus offers enterprise application software that provides scalable, industry-leading solutions across Cloud Management, DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security and Risk, and Predictive Analytics.
- Powerful distributed real-time data correlation
- Workflow automation, security orchestration
- Community-driven security content
- Multi-Tenancy and unified permissions matrix
- ArcSight Data Platform and Event Broker integration
- ArcSight Investigate integration
Huntsman Security provides a multi-tenanted, high volume, and high-fidelity SIEM and security analytics platform trusted by defence, intelligence and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
- Flexibility and Speed
- Analysis and Response
- Security Visibility and Business Intelligence
- Extensive Data Source Support
HelpSystems aligns IT & business goals to help organizations build a competitive edge.
- Security Event Prioritization
- Normalization of Disparate Data Sources
- Data Enrichment
- Real-time Threat Detection
- Streamlined Incident Response
- Out-of-the-Box Security
- Security and Compliance Reporting
- Strong Alignment with Other Solutions
LogPoint’s SIEM software helps you solve specific security management challenges – whether the goal is compliance, forensics or operational insight.
- Redefining SIEM and UEBA
- Investigate and Analyze
- Fits your Security Strategy
Splunk Inc. turns machine data into answers with the leading platform to tackle the toughest IT, IoT and security challenges. Use Splunk to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine data.
- Improve Security Operations
- Investigative Tools to Respond Fast
- Automate and Respond
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )