Effective Test Data Management is an imperative for organisations that is often not given the priority that it requires; the requirements of Application testing for accuracy, reliability and quality, combined with the essential need for data privacy protection.
As information demands continue to grow, the need to address this becomes more challenging. For every new IT project comes the daunting task of locating information and validating its relationship across heterogeneous systems. Organizations suffer from not being able to get the right information at the right time. Just as information is often times created in the context of specific projects and applications, so are the tools that understand and control the information. Given today’s enterprise landscape and complex IT environments, this is an major challenge without automation.
Corporate reputation in the commercial market place represents a considerable investment of time and resource; it is often a competitive differentiator and in many cases has real net worth on the balance sheet. In today’s highly sensitive times a breach of client or commercially sensitive data can have devastating consequences on that reputation, causing customers to lose faith and transfer their business to our fiercest rivals. The result impacts on revenues and share prices can be adversely affected, as public perceptions can be difficult to change once negatively impacted. On top of this commercial risk, we also have to contend with every greater regulation around the use and security of Personal client data, and this requires us to re-evaluate our business practices and certainly in respect of test data, the traditional use of Production data is no longer possible without having a process in place to both identify and then mask/obfuscate the sensitive data components.
Ensuring that data privacy is a key requirement of all testing regimes and our sophisticated data masking solution provides the best method for doing this. It will allow you to mask and transform sensitive test data as part of your effort to avoid exposing critical business data. It provides masking techniques including using arithmetic expressions, sub-strings, random or sequential number generation, data aging, and more. Most importantly, you can propagate masked values from a parent table to related tables at all levels essential for maintaining the referential integrity of the data.
Create targeted, right-sized test environments for development, testing, QA and training maintaining referential integrity, instead of just cloning production environments.
Automation of creation of test databases makes the process more manageable and timely, speeding the testing process and ensuring up to date test data.
Mask (de-identify) data to protect privacy:
- Create structurally similar but inauthentic version of data
- Deny opportunity to reverse engineer masked data
- Maintain integrity of fields for credit card numbers, dates of birth, National Insurance numbers, phone numbers or addresses
Enables testing, QA, development or training in an efficient, repeatable, accurate and cost-effective manner:
- Subset capabilities to create realistic and manageable test databases
- Provide complete business objects
- Federate object support across enterprise data stores
- Quickly refresh test environments
- Edit data to create targeted test cases
- Compare ‘before’ and ‘after’ images of the test data
- Improve test coverage and quality
- Speed application development
Test data management in a simplified way with DATPROF.
- Manage and refresh your test data environments from one central location
- Save on network & infrastructure costs by working with less test data
- Your test data is secure and compliant with national and international laws
- Integrate and automate various test data processes within your CI/CD pipeline to ship your product even faster
- Developers and tester can now influence and request their test data using the self service portal
- Quality test data enables test automation and service virtualization, which enables teams to deliver more in less time
Accelerate DevOps and cloud adoption in hybrid and multi-cloud environments by delivering data that can be bookmarked, refreshed, branched, and shared.
- A fast, secure mechanism for data delivery
- Test faster and with greater confidence
- Reduce data-related defects
Informatica’s intelligent data security TDM solution allows automated provisioning of masked and synthetically generated data to meet the needs of test, development, and QA teams.
- Sensitive data discovery and classification
- Data warehouse with self-service
- Data subset
- Data masking
- Pre-built application accelerators
- Monitoring and compliance reporting
The Solix Common Data Platform and its solutions for big data management and analysis provide a low cost and well governed unified data experience for enterprises.
- Configurable Subset Creation
- Synthetic Test Data Generation
- Secure Sensitive Data
- Multiple Subset Functions Including Space Reclamation
- Out-of-Box Support for Popular Applications
Quality management, Test automation, Manual testing and Documentation solutions for IBM i, IBM iSeries, IBM AS/400 . Serving this IT backbone for hundreds of companies.
Vector supplies software and engineering services for the networking of electronic systems in the automobile and related industries (CAN, FlexRay, AUTOSAR, Ethernet etc.)
- Design, management and documentation of complete E/E systems in one tool
- Integrated traceability
- Graphical modeling in diagrams
- Full support of AUTOSAR methodology
- Design of safety-relevant systems acc. to ISO 26262
- Variant and product line management
- Complete development from architecture to wiring harness based on one source
Doble Test Data Management offerings ensure you have clean, consistent data files for field testing and regulatory reporting.
- Data clean-up, data conversion, test plan creation, “historic” file conversion and options for ongoing support
- Data management options are available for a variety of test data including DTA, T-Doble, SFRA, PD, and ProTesT files
- Choose which options are needed for your organization
- Data management projects are tailored to your business practices
Infosys Test Data Management Services ensure a high degree of test coverage with data management best practices and in-house tools.
- 40% reduction in overall test data efforts
- Reduces overall manual errors through automated data provisioning
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )