Chances are, if your organization manages electronic medical records, then you should be HIPAA compliant. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), ensures sensitive patient data is protected at all times and organizations have peace of mind knowing their patients’ privacy is secure. As an organization with access to protected health information (PHI), you must abide by all physical, network and process security rules.
As a health care provider with access to protected health information, you are considered a covered entity but the following is a more specific list of who needs to be HIPAA compliant:
- Covered health care providers (doctors, clinics, psychologists, dentists, chiropractors, nursing homes, pharmacies) who manage and maintain electronic patient records. More specifically, any provider of medical or other health care services or supplies who transmits any health information in electronic form.
- Health plans which are considered any individual or group plan that provides or pays the cost of health care (e.g., a health insurance issuer and the Medicare and Medicaid programs).
- Health care clearinghouses are defined as a public or private entity that processes another entity’s health care transactions from a standard format to a non-standard format, or vice versa.
- Business associates (including private sector vendors and third-party administrators) are any organizations engaged with a covered entity to help it carry out its health care activities and functions. Organizations that “maintain and transmit” protected health information on behalf of covered entities are subject to many of those rules as business associates of those covered entities.
Peace of Mind with HIPAA Cloud Hosting
As your business continues to grow, maintaining HIPAA IT compliance will be an ongoing challenge and not a one-time project. The data hosting requirements for HIPAA IT compliance are complex and should be handled by experts. A HIPAA data hosting company solely dedicated to HIPAA compliance provides a cost-effective solution and a peace of mind guarantee.
HIPAA-dedicated data hosting compaies, can help to eliminate the risk of a HIPAA breach involving sensitive patient information, while at the same time reducing the extensive overhead that can come from staying HIPAA IT compliant.
Atlantic.Net offers a complete, fully audited HIPAA platform that includes everything you need to be HIPAA compliant:..
- HIPAA , HITECH, & SOC Audited
- Business Associate Agreement
- Encrypted VPN & Storage at Rest
- HIPAA Compliant Compute
- Backups & Disaster Recovery
- HIPAA Compliant Cloud Security
They are offering a FREE Trial for one full month. Their Comprehensive HIPAA Compliance Hosting Checklist can be very helpful to help you with your project!
Liquid Web is a leader in Managed Hosting solutions for mission critical sites & apps.
- Wholly owned Core Data Centers
- Fully Managed Servers
- Locked Server Cabinets Included
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA) Available
- 24/7/365 On-Site Support
- Offsite Backup Available
- High Availability Infrastructure
- Extensive Administrative, Physical & Administrative Safeguards
Intuit authorized hosting provider for QuickBooks. Secure and reliable application hosting with always-on support.
- Role-specific logins for different user accounts
- Consistent and accurate log tracking
- Logins authenticity check at every layer in the network
- Cautious review of Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with every vendor involved in data handling
- Thoroughly planned business continuity and incidence responses
- Trained staff
HIPAAVault provides HIPAA Compliant Hosting and Cloud Solutions. We are a Managed Service Provider with HIPAA website compliance and dedicated live support.
- Isolated Web Server, Database Server, Web Application Firewall
- Red Carpet On-boarding and 24/7 Technical Support
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA)
- Pay monthly even with longer term pricing discounts.
- Option to Participate in HIPAA Verification Program
InetServices – Extreme performance SSD cloud server hosting and dedicated server hosting with data centers in Boston, Chicago, Santa Clara, and London.
- Physical System Restricted Access
- Surveillance Monitoring
- Firewall Protection
- Data Encryption at Rest
- Anti-virus Protection
- IDS (Intrusion Detection System)
- File Integrity Checking
- Log Management and Retention
- Restricted Access to Sensitive Data
- Two-factor Authentication
- Forces Password Expiration
- Automatic SSH & RTD Timeouts
- Patching and Maintenance
iland is a global cloud service provider of secure and compliant hosting for infrastructure (IaaS), disaster recovery (DRaaS), and backup as a service (BaaS).
- Vulnerability Scanning
- User Access Control
- Antivirus & Malware Detection
- Encryption – data at rest & whole disk
- Detailed, downloadable Event History Reporting that goes above and beyond the requirements for HIPAA
- Intrusion Detection
- Control Mapping to Organizational Controls
- Access to Internal Policies and Auditor Findings
AIS Network has operationalizing your IT strategy since 1993. Services include compliant cloud enablement, information security and managed services.
- Clinical Apps and Data
- Health Information Exchange
- Accountable Care Organizations
- HR Apps and Data
- Financial/ Operations Apps and Data
- Back Office Apps and Data
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Communications Services (email, voice, etc.)
- Archived Data
- Server Virtualization
- Desktop Virtualization
- Virtual Networks
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Identity Management
- User Account Provisioning/Deprovisioning
- Managed Services
LightEdge is a premier provider of compliant hosting, data protection, and colocation services.
- Risk Assessment – Get a fresh perspective on how well you meet HIPAA requirements and best practices in security. We’ll uncover any vulnerabilities that need remediation.
- Security Controls – Based on findings from the risk assessment, our experts recommend the proper controls to protect sensitive data and pass your HIPAA reviews.
- Security Policies – Use our pre-built policy templates to enforce policies and procedures that safeguard your business.
- Managed Security Solutions – If you lack time, resources, or expertise to manage the daily activities of compliance, LightEdge’s managed solutions are ideal.
- Security Audit Support – We help you gather the evidence and documentation you need when undergoing HIPAA reviews; we even provide support during your third-party audits.
Netgain is a cloud IT provider delivering cloud hosting and managed services to the healthcare and financial industries nationwide.
- 360-Degree Security Standards
- Advanced Safeguards
- Trained in HIPAA
- Available and Accessible
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )