Most business representatives, before getting to know what Data Center Infrastructure Management could do for their businesses, ask about the value. Of course the question is a legitimate one. For years, the infrastructure of data centers consisted of server counts spreadsheets kept by people, together with their locations. To this it were added separate documents and spread sheets with room drawings or network cable runs. This surely represented an issue and most companies tried to find in house solutions. There are few times when such solutions really paid results and it was never clear who really owned the data center change management. To this you can add up the attempt of tracking down power consumption over a period of time.
There are many ideas that can solve certain aspects of the issue, but none was dealing with the overall picture, such as the power consumption for each device. Imagine how efficient a business could become by simply knowing where exactly to cut the costs with power consumption. The devices of the data center consume lot of power, together the challenges raised by the cooling process, in order to keep in line temperatures. This is why it is very important to have reports with firm metrics which help maximizing resource management. The more people are involved in the data center management process, the more complicated and resource consuming it becomes, so a single source of management is more than welcome.
Data center software can do exactly that, it can offer a single picture of the critical information type in a infrastructure data center environment. There are presently about 10 companies developing data center software solutions to help businesses improve their data management. Such software offer the possibility to provision, visualize, plan the capacity, manage and monitor assets. This helps the changing process in businesses’ facilities, servers and networks.
Data Center Infrastructure Management – ManageEngine
ManageEngine OpManager Plus is centralized data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software with integrated full-stack observability capabilities that allows data managers to monitor and manage all physical, virtual, and logical data center assets to help maintain uptime, improve productivity, and boost efficiency.
- Comprehensively monitor and manage network devices
- Carry out proactive capacity planning
- Gain accurate visibility of your entire infrastructure on a detailed visual interface
- Monitor temperature and energy consumption of each device in depth
- Perform multiple security functions with rule-based firewall analysis
Nlyte Software, the world’s leading DCIM software company focused on planning, managing and optimizing physical data center infrastructure.
- Detailed information about assets and environment
- Robust dashboards and reporting
- Flexibility to work in any environment
- Support for goods receiving, provisioning, changes, tech refresh, decommission
FNT is a leading provider of integrated software solutions for IT management, data center infrastructure management and telecommunication infrastructure management worldwide.
- Capacity, power, cooling, and space planning, including 3D footprint
- Real-time power and temperature data
- Detailed rack, server, and cabling planning
- Dashboard-based analysis of important data center metrics
Device42 is a comprehensive data center and network management software.
- Data Center Room Layouts
- Auto-generate Rack Diagrams
- IT Patch Panel Management
- Detailed Device Information
- Manage Spare Parts
- Power & Thermal Management
- Automated Data Center Management
Raritan is a leading provider of power management solutions, DCIM software, and KVM-over-IP for data centers of all sizes.
- Centralized Rack PDU Management
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) Gauge and Chart
- Vendor Agnostic Power Control
- Real-Time Dashboards
- Smart Rack View
- Floor Map View
- Thresholds and Alerts
- Cabinet Inspector
- Custom Reports
Valleyforgepower easy-to-use data center management software allows you to seamlessly monitor all layers of your data center.
- IT Asset Management
- Change Management
- Power & Cooling Management
- Software & OS Management
- Task & Workflow Management
- Real-Time Monitoring
- Auto-Change Management
- Capacity Planning
Rackwise provides solution software specifically designed to handle all data center infrastructure management software (DCIM) needs.
- Green Data Center
- Capacity Planning
- Fault Impact Analysis
- Trend and Historical Reporting
- Virtual Machine Modeling
- Asset Management
- Power Management
- Cable Management
- Real Time Monitoring
- Business Analytics
Ni2 offers data centers a DCIM solution that supports the management, planning of all assets, and the network that connects them together.
- Floor Space Planning
- Rack Planning and Design