As online backup services become more and more commonplace, several factors are going to drive consumers to one or two different providers. At the top of these priority factors is security. By searching for a high security remote backup system, webmasters can save their data, protect their business information and minimize the chances of data loss.
Offsite Secure Data Backup
Over the last five years, offsite secure data backup has moved from simple server space to advanced, semi-automated backup services. From small 5gb shared server spaces to dedicated backup computer systems, webmasters have more options available than ever before. Data backup providers offer the ability to save data on a remote platform, eradicating the risk of data loss or corruption from hardware failure or software faults. This service is absolutely essential for webmasters and online businesses, as data security and stability is no doubt one of the most important parts of online success.
How Important is Data Stability and Security?
If you could imagine the internet as a physical object, it would lend itself most to a model shopping mall. Online businesses are competing for shop space, customer attention, all the while maintaining complex security systems. The permissions schedules on web servers are similar to chains and locked doors, keeping unauthorized people from accessing business data and private files. Similarly, members-only areas keep non-paying guests out of specific stores and maintain an aura of exclusivity and access for paying members and customers.
This metaphor extends to data security. In the world of offline business, data is secured through insurance and protection laws. Online, where your server data is very often your product – through advertising income, online products or even subscription websites – this security and insurance comes through offsite backup systems, which keep your data safe and secure from any potential threats. From hardware failure to hackers and crackers, offsite secure data backup providers offer security and support when something happens to your online presence.
Finding a Good Offsite Secure Data Backup Provider
One of the most important parts of working online is ensuring that your data is safe, and that means finding an online data backup provider that works. For years, businesses and individuals alike took to securing their data locally, either using local servers or even backing up on their own computers. Now, with the incredibly low cost of storage space and bandwidth, it’s possible to backup this data remotely.
However, some providers are like any field better than others. Finding an offsite secure data backup provider is relatively simple, provided you follow some important steps and strategies. Firstly, you need to find a provider that can offer what your business or online presence requires. This could mean storage space, in which case it’s ideal to find something that suits the amount of data on your server, the amount of mission-critical information that is stored online, and the potential uploads to your server. As with anything online, it’s ideal to look for a service provider that offers headroom extra space in case your online storage needs expand further.
Secondly, security is by far the most important factor for online presences, especially revenue driven online businesses. Start by looking for a provider that offers dual backups an identical backup on more than one server which offers extra security and protection from hardware failure and data corruption. If you’re extra concerned about data security, some providers will offer insurance and guarantees for data uptime, security and access.
Enterprise data protection for your applications and systems, at your premises and in your clouds. Prevent downtime and data loss from complex IT infrastructures. BEST!!!
- Protect business-critical data from being damaged or destroyed
- Restore business operations quickly with near-zero data loss
- Simplify legal discovery and compliance audits
- Cut storage capacity requirements and manage data protection from a single console
- Reduce both operating expenses (OPEX) and capital expenditure (CAPEX)
- Fortify your business systems and applications against downtime and data loss from malicious threats
- Use advanced reporting and analytics to build confidence and consensus among data protection stakeholders
- Transform your IT infrastructure with multi-cloud and cross-cloud data protection
- Gain control and fully safeguard your cloud data with the most feature-rich and easiest-to-use backup and granular recovery for Office 365
Cloud Backup Solution from the Cloud Backup Experts.
- Protect all your critical data from any source — in your data center, the cloud and every endpoint device, anywhere
- It’s their cloud, but your business. Ensure your backup strategy includes data residing in third-party cloud applications, platforms, and services
- The real disaster? When you can’t recover quickly
- Stop malware threats from silently targeting your backup data
- New regulations with severe penalties are raising the stakes for how businesses securely store and manage many types of data. Your backup solution plays a critical role in compliance
NovaStor offers affordable Windows and Linux data backup software for servers with SQL, Exchange and virtual machines with unmatched service and support.
- Active Archive
- Windows Server Backup
- Linux Server Backup
- SQL Server Backup
- Exchange Server Backup
- Virtual Machine Backup
- VMware Backup
- Hyper-V Backup
- Disaster Recovery
- Backup to NAS/SAN
- Backup to Cloud
- VM Backup
- Backup to Tape
- Cloud Backup for MSPs
- Offsite Cloud Backup
- Active Archive
StorageCraft provides unmatched data management, storage and protection solutions for the next-generation hybrid data center, be it on-premises or in the cloud.
- Data Protection
- Disaster Recovery
- Object-Based Scale-Out Storage
- Solutions for Managed Service Providers
Commvault offers industry-leading solutions that enable your organization to protect and use its data.
- Make your multi-cloud strategy an extension of your data center
- Automate the complex IT change control processes
- Gain recovery validation for your diverse IT environment
- Ensure compliance with information governance policies
- Consolidate your tools and turn to a Complete solution
Get policy-free data protection with Code42 Next-Gen DLP. Not your legacy data loss prevention software. Monitor endpoint and cloud data without blocking user productivity.
- Recover from ransomware
- Identify files on stolen laptops
- Protect data from accidents
- Speed up device replacement
Barracuda MSP is the first and only MSP-focused provider of advanced threat protection with backup & disaster recovery – complete data protection for MSPs.
- Email Security Essentials
- Spear Phishing Protection
- End User Security Training
- Barracuda Cloud-Generation Firewall
- Content Shield
- Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service
- Barracuda Backup
- Intronis Backup
- Barracuda Essentials
- ECHOplatform for MSPs
- Managed Workplace RMM