Since wireless connections became so widely used more and more people are concerned about who is gaining access to their connection. Hacking into internet connections is very popular for many reasons, one of which is simply because some cannot afford their own internet at home. While most people just log into your connection for personal use the use of router monitoring software may be smart to keep things like your personal information and identity safe.
Typically you will not have to buy or pay for any additional software because your router should provide some type of log where you can see who has been logging into your wireless internet. If you notice that unknown parties are getting into your internet you may want to think about changing your password or enabling he password protection if you do not have that feature one. Even if you only use the internet for recreational use, thieves can still locate personal information and use it to their benefit. They could send emails from your account, use your credit card information and even hack into your social networking accounts like Facebook and change your password so even you can’t get into them. Having a router with logs or a router monitoring software is very important to keeping all of your information safe and protected.
Tracking your web traffic can also be beneficial if you suspect that you are overpaying for your internet services. Knowing how often and how much you use your internet can determine what speed you need your connection to be. If you are a video game playing or movie buff then you naturally want a connection that can handle those faster speed requests rather than if you only use your internet for basic research or social networking it won’t need to be as quick. The connection speed you are able to get though could really depend on the location you live in as well because some areas cannot have the speeds you need. Rural some suburban areas are very limited to the speed of internet they can achieve so keep that in mind when buying homes and renting apartments.
When you want to know who is logging into your internet, how often and for what reasons there is no better product out there than monitoring software. Even if your router does supply a log sometimes, depending on the model, it is very limited on information so you may have to invest in the monitoring software anyway just to get a better idea of how often your internet is being accessed. If you are really worried about it just turn your wireless router off completely anytime you are not using it and while you are sleeping at night.
Zenoss helps the world’s largest organizations ensure their IT services and applications are always on.
- Builds the most granular and intelligent infrastructure relationship models possible at any scale
- Proactively provides unparalleled holistic health and deep performance insights to optimize any IT environment
- Shares insights with other IT operations management (ITOM) tools to automate issue remediation
SolarWinds Network Insight for Cisco ASA automates the monitoring and management of your ASA infrastructure in a fully-integrated solution.
- Help ensure network service availability
- Enhance firewall infrastructure visibility
- Reduce manual troubleshooting
WhatsUp Gold provides complete visibility into the status and performance of applications, network devices and servers in the cloud or on-premises.
- Application Performance
- Bandwidth Consumption
- Cloud-based Resources
- Network Performance
- Hyper-V and VMware
- Wireless Networks
Nagios provides enterprise-class Open Source IT monitoring, network monitoring, server and applications monitoring.
- Network Monitoring Software
- Network Traffic Monitoring
- Network Analyzer
- Server Monitoring Software
- Windows Server Monitoring
- Linux Server Monitoring
- Application Monitoring Tools
- Web Application Monitoring
- Application Log Monitoring
Zabbix is a mature and effortless enterprise-class open source monitoring solution for network monitoring and application monitoring of millions of metrics.
- Various metric collection methods and protocols
- Flexible and extendable data gathering
- Flexible problem definition
- Proactive network monitoring
- Problem dependencies
- Problem severity levels
- Flexible notifications
- Event correlation
- Customized escalation scenarios
- Integration with 3rd party software
- Task automation
- Unlimited scalability
- Optimized for high performance
- High Availability
- Security and authentication
Keep an eye on your entire network via router monitoring tool PRTG: bandwidth consumption, network traffic, error messages.
- Immediately know the score
- Fix bugs quickly
- Optimize bandwidth consumption
- Traffic transparency
- Greater security