Robust customer relationship has the most serious impact on your company’s earning power as satisfied clients who are ready to spend a greater share of their money on your products and services; they gladly interact with your brand and actively participate in all your marketing campaigns. But the headline is that they keep the referrals coming, which is extremely beneficial in the today’s highly competitive environment.
However, the loyalty building is a true challenge posed by dynamic market trends, evolving mobile technologies, and ever-rising demands of empowered consumers. In such pressing conditions, the investing into the finest customer database software is a very rational decision.
Enterprises looking to deploy on-premise or cloud customer database software should critically evaluate the core features provided by the vendor. The aim of such a solution is to help businesses anticipate the needs and expectations of existing and prospective clients and capitalize on the demands of different buying groups. So that customers database must offer a comprehensive range of tools to support any aspect of customer relationship management.
Must-haves of a good customer database software
Any reputation-conscious and client-oriented company encounters the necessity of keeping sensitive customer information safe, secured, and well-managed. The top-notch customer database software allows for creating advanced customer accounts with custom fields such as contact information, socio-demographic details, interests, social media profiles and so on.
The sophisticated customer profile database is able to keep the entire history of client-company interactions including transactions, services used, cases submitted and resolved, phone calls, emails, SMS, and online communication. All this Big Data is automatically captured, sorted, and stored in one place.
The intelligent customer database provides an opportunity to segment customers according to multiple criteria: location, profitability, shopping preferences, lifestyle, and other specific metrics you choose. Smart customer segmentation enables the users to develop more personalized marketing campaigns and deliver them to the target audience via the communication channels the selected clients like or use most of all.
Another essential feature of good customer database management is a smooth integration to retrieve required data on-the-fly.
Modern customer database software must boast extensive analytic capabilities to promote data-driven decision-making for sales and marketing and improve customer service standards. For instance, using the teams can identify high-value customers, track their buying behavior, evaluate the effectiveness of loyalty programs, define the most/least prioritizing products (services), etc. Leveraging this information, business leaders can develop effective customer attraction and retention strategies, manage sales and forecast revenues more accurately.
Building a customer database, the stakeholders typically need an ability to:
- Manage upcoming events or notes for particular clients or groups,
- Set notifications for client-related tasks (calling, meeting, emailing),
- Generate customer reports and dashboards,
- Create and print any documents (e.g. contracts, agreements, orders, invoices),
- Perform lead generation,
- Get insights into the sales pipeline,
- Keep track of customers’ feedback in social media,
- Reach out to the contacts via any communication channel within the customer database.
Excellent online customer database software must encompass all these features to provide enterprises with a penetrative understanding of their clients and help the frontline personnel improve cross-and-up-selling with better-informed decisions and forecasts.
Picking full-featured customer database software
Serving a full scope of business needs is where many customer database systems fail. To prevent organizations from investing into shelfware we prepared our top 6 best customer database solutions that really work:
Bitrix24 is a free customer database software that acts as a single source of truth for your business and provides a 360° view of your customer – capturing and combining customer experiences in one place. It lets you manage your leads, sales pipeline, and customer interactions while keeping all your data protected.
- 100% free
- Get unlimited customer database
- See everything about your leads in one place
- Increase leads the effective way
- Automate your sales pipeline
- Manage your pipeline with total visibility
- Kickstart your email marketing
- Analyze sales data accurately
- Interact with your customers in a contextual way
- Protect your customer’s data and privacy
Act! CRM and customer database software lets you manage your customer information efficiently with easy access to insights.
- All your customer details in one place
- A tool for segmenting your contacts
- Actionable database reports & insights
HubSpot’s free CRM software powers your customer support, sales, and marketing with easy-to-use features like live chat, meeting scheduling, and email tracking.
- Email tracking & notifications
- Prospect tracking
- Meeting scheduling
- Live chat
EngageBay’s customer database software manage customer database better and enable your business to become more flexible, reliable, and scalable.
- Create Brand Retention
- Enable Better Customer Service
- Direct Connect With Verified Customers
- Exclusivity And Feedback
- Security And Trustworthiness
- Ease of integration
- Ease of use
Simplify project, retainer, sales, and service management. Gain visibility across your client database, improve processes and spend more time on your expertise.
- Multi-User Access of Central Client Database
- View Client Relationships
- Database Export (for Mail Merge)
- Automatically Create Contacts via Email
- Powerful Search, Filtering and Reporting
- Custom Fields, Lists and Categories
Fusioo helps growing businesses get organized. Create your custom online database and manage everything in one place.
- Customer database software that works the way you do
- Get up and running in no time
- Never let anything slip through the cracks
- Keep your mind at rest
- Integrates seamlessly with your existing software
Summing everything up, the database software enables businesses to completely manage customer information, keep the history of past purchases and interactions, segment customers, enhance their profiles for acquiring a 360-degree view of all your clients and partners and utilize this information to ensure a customer service excellence and a steady sales increase. The only thing companies need to do is finding a trustworthy customer database vendor.
The author Dennis P. Reed possesses a vast experience in the IT industry, especially in the domains of website and mobile app development and digital marketing. He writes on topics encompassing the above mentioned domains and is considered a maven in his chosen field – Information Technology.