Manager’s Bandwidth Management services gives you the capability of effectively managing Internet usage and performance for your IT network. It is possible to manage bandwidth speed, quality, reliability and access for your Internet connections by creating various bandwidth rules. This is achieved through specific Bandwidth Management software technology.
Bandwidth problems in organisations
Web pages that download very slowly or fail to load are commonly caused by a lack of bandwidth from the Internet connection. If many users are sending or receiving information at the same time than the bandwidth capacity can handle, then this can cause delays and network congestion.
In an organisation with many Internet end users, it is difficult for the network administrator to know what applications are being run on their computers. Therefore if a particular user is downloading a large file and this affects other users then it is important that the network administrator can identify this and resolve it as soon as possible.
Internet connections and networks that are poorly managed can potentially create problems (bandwidth abuse) and affect the quality of service that the organisation provides through their Internet. Improving the quality of service (QoS) through just adding more Internet bandwidth is not an ideal solution as it does not guarantee anything.
In order to ensure that the Internet connection is utilised efficiently, an organisation must control the bandwidth so that it stays below the maximum capacity of the Internet connection.
What is Bandwidth Management?
Bandwidth Management is a QoS (Quality of Service) tool and is the process of monitoring and controlling the end users Internet traffic and data flow on your organisation IT network. This helps to avoid overloading an Internet connections bandwidth capacity, which otherwise would result in network congestion and result in poor speed and quality performance. Bandwidth Management can change the rate and volume of traffic flows on your organisation IT network in a controlled manner.
What are the possibilities of Bandwidth Management?
With Bandwidth Management you can maximise the use of available bandwidth. Internet Bandwidth availability can be configured, controlled, and monitored from a central point. Using Bandwidth Management technology, traffic routing policies can be created for each individual Internet connection linked to the Load Balancer. This involves allocating different levels of bandwidth for different business priorities such as:
Bandwidth Management for end users: Bandwidth access and priority can be given to different users such as management, employees, departments, etc. For example, management can have priority to more bandwidth then employees.
Bandwidth Management for Tasks/Applications: With multiple Internet connections it is also possible to allocate traffic from a specific application such as VoIP and video-conferencing which requires continuous bandwidth to a single connection. This is crucial for applications that require a constant flow of bandwidth without any interruptions such as VoIP. Organisations can also use for example two high capacity connections for Applications and another low capacity connection for email.
Bandwidth Management for Time/Traffic peak: Bandwidth levels can be altered and scheduled according to time, which is ideal for meeting high traffic periods. Bandwidth consumption can be monitored to manage unexpected traffic increases and controlled instantly.
Failover and traffic re-distribution: Policies can also be set up to distribute traffic down another Internet connection if a primary connection fails to ensure continuous service for the user.
Bandwidth Management can be used with a Load Balancer for Load Balancing Solutions.
NetFlow Analyzer (MANAGEENGINE)
NetFlow Analyzer is a real-time NetFlow traffic analysis tool that provides visibility into the network bandwidth performance.
- Bandwidth Monitor
- Bandwidth Reporting
- Cisco NetFlow
- NetFlow Monitoring
- Network Traffic Analysis
- Site to site traffic monitoring
- Application Performance Optimization
- Network Security
- NetFlow Reporting
- Automating Network Reports
- Customizable Dashboard
- Network Traffic Monitoring
- Faster Network Troubleshooting
- Protocol and Application monitoring
- Various reports using NetFlow Analyzer
- Department wise bandwidth monitoring
- Billing ⁄ Measure bandwidth usage
- Cisco CBQoS Monitoring
Auvik is cloud-based network management software for today’s changing workforce. Gain true network visibility and control.
- Prevent, detect, and resolve issues quickly
- Always know what’s on your network
- Cloud-based secure network management
SolarWinds IT monitoring and management tools are built for SysAdmins and network engineers who need powerful and affordable tools.
- Monitor bandwidth use by application, protocol, and IP address group
- Get alerted if application traffic suddenly increases, decreases, or disappears completely
- Analyze network traffic patterns over months, days, or minutes by drilling down into any network element
- PerfStack™ cross-stack network data correlation
- Measure the effectiveness of pre- and post-policy traffic levels per class map to determine if QoS policies are working as planned
- Increase security with visibility into malicious or malformed traffic with port 0 monitoring
- Create, schedule, and deliver in-depth network traffic analysis and bandwidth reports with just a few clicks
- Identify which applications and categories consume the most bandwidth for better network traffic visibility with NBAR2 support
- Monitor Wireless LAN Controller traffic to keep tabs on applications and clients utilizing bandwidth on your wireless network
- User Device Tracker (UDT) allows you to identify bandwidth hogs slowing down the network when integrated with NTA
Paessler is the producer of PRTG, the highly powerful network monitoring software, PRTG monitors your whole IT infrastructure 24/7 and alerts you to problems before users even notice.
- Identify bandwidth hogs
- Monitor bandwidth over the long run
- Everything at a glance
- Discreet alarm feature
Antamedia bandwidth manager helps you control download and upload speed and total bandwidth for all users in your network, filter blacklisted websites, share Internet connection, limit time and quota per session, setup access day time and logout after inactivity.
- Limit Usage Time
- Control Access to Internet
- API Integration
- Autologin Sessions
- Restricted Area Control
- IP and Port Filtering
- URL Tracking
- Limit data transfer
- MAC Whitelist
- Host Whitelist
- No Client Installation
- Manage Upload & Download Limits
- Connection Sharing
- High security level
- and much more features.
NetLimiter is an ultimate internet traffic control and monitoring tool designed for Windows.
- Full traffic control
- Internet traffic monitoring
- Connection blocker
Continuously adaptive real-time DDoS services for the most sophisticated web security threats through best-in-class cloud WAF and DDoS protection technologies.
- Performance Acceleration
- Application Delivery