Given the sheer number of internet and communication devices in the average office, it’s no wonder that telecommunications expense management is one of the top five costs for most businesses. Add to that the drain of traditional management models where employees handle paper billing and tracking, and it’s no surprise that companies are losing money in the telecom arena.
One simple solution lies in software. Far from another technological piece of the puzzle to manage, Telecom Expense Management (TEM) software is making the job easier and ratcheting up profit margins to boot.
Advantages of Telecom Expense Management Automation
Automation is the key advantage of TEM software, effectively taking the burden off staff and improving a company’s ability to pare down expenses and to accurately predict future needs.
- Tracks individual and collective usage of all telecommunications units
- Effectively catches telecom billing errors
- Frees up accounting staff so they can make better use of their time
- Helps to interconnect voice and data units
- Provides daily, monthly and annual reports, making future telecom purchase easier
Why Telecommunication Expense Management Software Works
As companies grow, so does their telecommunications usage. It is easy to see how a mid- to large-sized company could expend hundreds of man hours each month simply tracking company cell phones or landlines as employees are promoted, leave or are newly hired. With automated TEM software, the burden is not only lifted, but the whole process is improved. Once the software is tailored to the company’s specific needs, it tracks inventory, usage and billing. Most companies see a large decrease in telecom spending, often equaling ten to twenty-five percent annual savings.
Where to Get Telecom Expense Software
As the popularity of TEM software grows, there are programs to suit every company’s needs. A simple web search for TEM software will bring up dozens of choices, as will contacting your local telecom provider. Below are several popular solution providers:
Calero Telecom Expense Management is an integrated suite of applications that automate voice, data and mobile services on a single platform.
- Invoice Processing
- Invoice Optimization and Audit
- Shared Services Management
- Global Approach with Local Expertise
- Ordering and Provisioning
- Reporting and Business Intelligence
Valicom offers telecom and technology expense management software and services.
- Identify significant savings on telecom
- Eliminate fraud and unauthorized charges
- Identify errors and recover funds through close inspection or audit of wireline and wireless services
- Reallocate personnel to focus on strategic core competencies
- Streamline order fulfillment, auditing, asset management, and payment processes
- Assure corporate business policy and regulatory compliance
- Increase accuracy in expense tracking and reporting
Vox Mobile is a single source enterprise mobile solutions provider, that helps build mobile strategies, operationalize mobile programs and support users.
- In-depth visibility and billing analysis across all carriers and suppliers
- Usage trend analysis
- Complete visibility to carrier charges distributed to the right management levels within your organization
- Monthly business analysis and optimization recommendations
- Implementation of any changes with your carriers to save you time and reduce costs
- Organizational cost allocations with an AP file in your format
- Easy to read, actionable reporting on key cost control targets (i.e. zero use lines, international usage, data buffer and more)
- Dedicated subject matter experts that stay up-to-date on carrier offerings, guaranteeing you the most beneficial plans for your environment
- Carrier contract compliance tracking
Softeligent helps with management of IT financials (ITFM), IT hardware assets (ITAM), telecom expenses (TEM), service orders, and HW/SW/service inventory.
- Store all telecommunications contracts and their associated documents for easy access and organization
- Maintain a fully structured inventory of all telecommunications and IT assets and services
- Submit orders for any service or material and create workflows to facilitate frequent order activities
- Process, validate and pay invoices using Softeligent’s streamlined functionality
- Dispute entries on telecom invoices and bills a lot faster and easier through Softeligent
- Make sure costs are associated with the correct department within your enterprise
Sakon helps enterprises manage their communications infrastructures to reduce telecom, mobile, and network costs while optimizing productivity.
- Expense Management
- Sourcing & Transformation
- Network Services
- Insights & Intelligence