There are countless EMRs on the market today, with many newcomers popping up all the time. When choosing an EMR and converting your entire practice from paper to electronic, records, you want to be sure you are using a reputable company that you can truly trust with your patient information. The company you choose should be reliable, with a long track record that can be verified by many other dermatologists. Steady growth and a desire to constantly update and improve the software is key, as well as applying user feedback to actively advance the systems effectiveness. Ask for referrals and client testimonials; make sure you know the software you are choosing is going to be worth it.
Table of Contents
When spending the time and money implementing an EMR, it is important to purchase a system that is designed specifically for your specialty. Choosing a dermatology specific EMR will ensure that implementation goes as smoothly and quickly as possible. The EMR will come with an optimal set of templates that have been designed and tested in actual dermatologist offices. As well, the EMR should contain anatomical diagrams that are common within the scope of a dermatologists practice. Even more importantly, the EMR should be tailored specifically to your practice, with the ability to upload charts, macros, diagrams, or any type of document your office is comfortable using. When choosing an EMR, is important to choose a company that works with its existing and new clients to continually update the program and release updates based on user feedback.
Fast, Accurate Charting
One of the most important aspects of using an EMR program in a dermatology office is to increase efficiency and accuracy in patient charts. There are many ways that patient information can be input into an EMR database. It is important that the EMR your office chooses to use gives users the ability to enter patient information in many ways. This ensures that you and your office staff can figure out which types of data entry will allow for the fastest, most accurate charting.
Why use an EMR?
With the future of medicine heading towards paperless offices and utilizing advanced technologies, many dermatologists and office staff are considering making the switch from paper charts to electronic medical records. In order to have a successful and efficient practice these days, electronic medical records are a must.
Here are a few key reasons why more and more physicians are making the switch daily:
- EMR saves time. Gone are the days when a clerk stares at a wall of paper files, rifiling through the stacks to retrieve patient histories. Now patient records can be retrieved in seconds with a few clicks. When a visit is completed, the patient’s file is safely stored within the computer and can be pulled up quickly whenever it needs to be referenced.
- EMR reduces errors. Within a few short seconds, a couple of clicks, and a bit of typing, patients records can be completed quickly and accurately. Dictation software (such as Dragon) can also be used to quickly and accurately dictate notes directly into the system as well. In addition, e-prescribing alerts the physician to any drug interactions or allergies the patient may have.
- EMR helps provide better patient care. Since use of an EMR saves time and reduces errors, naturally it leads to better patient care. The time saved retrieving and reviewing charts can now be spent face to face with the patient. If you are concerned about typing on a computer with your back turned to the patient, the use of a tablet pc or an ipad seamlessly takes place of a paper style chart in your hands. Detailed patient history notes can be entered before the visit via a patient portal, or typed or dictated into the program during the visit and reviewed with the patient at the end of the visit.
CureMD’s integrated inventory management helps practices efficiently manage, stock, dispense and sell medications, vaccines, DME and much more.
- Point of Sale
- Multi-location Tracking
- Lot and Expiration tracking
- DME rental management
- FramesData integration for Optometrists
- Device and Browser Independent
- Role-based Security
- HIPAA Compliant
- Inventory Dashboard
- Prescription Tracking
- Barcode Scanning and Printing
- Sales commission tracking
- Gift cards, promotions & coupons support
- Reorder Alerts
- Audit Reports
- Kit Creation
Improve efficiency and treatment outcomes in your practice with Modernizing Medicine’s EMR systems and healthcare suites built by specialty physicians.
- Greater Diagnostic and Treatment Power for Better Patient Outcomes
- Dermatology Knowledge at Your Fingertips
- Innovation That Moves You…Literally
- EMA for Your iPad
- Document an Entire Visit in Just a Few Clicks
- Code With Confidence
- E&M Benchmarking
- Interactive Anatomical Atlas™
- Drawing Board
- Integrated Photography
- Support You Can Trust
PatientNOW offers the best emr, practice management and patient engagement software for aesthetic and cosmetic medical practices.
- Automate your workflow to streamline a consistent sales follow-up process, generating more treatments and surgeries
- Lost leads are all made easy with our automated follow-up system. Immediate follow-up on your end satisfies their need for additional information and may help demonstrate that your practice is the right choice
- Your relationship with your patients should not end once they leave your office. You can automatically generate branded and targeted messages to keep that patient for life
- A user-friendly interface with automated workflow eliminates manual tasking and human error, resulting in increased productivity and practice growth
Patient engagement, revenue management, practice management and EMR software that enables productivity and profitability for specialty practices.
- EMR Exclusively Architected for Dermatologists
- Nextech’s dermatology-designed EMR does more than charting with built-in extras to simplify and optimize inventory tracking
- Anytime, anywhere mobile EMR access
- Optimize documentation with smart stamps
- EMR Lab Integration streamlines lab orders and processing
PrognoCIS Electronic Health Records (EHR) software and mobile apps, telemedicine, medical billing & Revenue Cycle Management for ambulatory specialties.
- Store and capture patient data quickly, securely and intuitively
- No more hunting for missing charts
- Communicate seamlessly with other medical facilities
- Practice more efficient billing
- The latest technologies for your practice
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )