Many companies are finding the need for digital asset management software more than anytime in the past. Because of the Internet, more companies need digital pictures of every product in their inventory, for example, when they are composing online catalogs. Digital pictures and files can be located in many different files on your computers and the more intensive your digital assets, the more a company will need this type of software.
The software automates such tasks as batch uploading, categorizing, sharing, locating, finding, searching, viewing, publishing and securing your digital assets. It is typically used for anything from photos, videos, images, Photoshop files, page layouts and PDF files, for example.
Many people think of digital assets as pictures, but everything, including PowerPoint presentations, advertising and marketing copy, videos, clipart and graphics are considered digital assets that can be filed in digital files. Digital management software can be thought of as elaborate photo processing software which is used for more than just photos.
Digital management software allows you to find, create, share, display and sell your digital files, using different parameters and offering different features. For example, think of a basic business function, such as designing and printing a new business brochure. In traditional times, you would dig through your negatives, find a picture of your building, and take it to the printing company, where he would typeset or create your logo “artwork”.
Now, you can use this software to compose an email, attach the digital picture file of your building, the digital file that contains your logo and email it to the printing company in a matter of seconds. The printing company will open the email, cut and paste the files onto the brochure copy and email back a proof. In fact, larger companies may do this design and printing themselves, using their digital management software.
This is just a basic example how these types of software make our lives easier. Of course the time savings and cost savings can be tremendous, depending on the size of the company, the number of digital files and the need to use them by numerous users and applications. Even music can be in digital files, so digital management software can handle a wide diversity of digital file management tasks.
Of course, as cited in our earlier example, a printing company may be a prime candidate for digital management software. When you think about the number of pictures, logos and other graphics or clipart they have for various customers, the amount of digital files would be staggering to look through one at a time. For those that have large numbers of digital files, managing them is crucial to their operation.
Some of the software products have optional features that allow for zooming and panning or licensing and selling photos, art, music, videos, and other digital files. You can see where it might be a crucial element for a professional photography studio, performer or artist. Many large companies have thousands of digital files they use for various purposes, whether it is for composing web pages, advertising products, publishing newsletters or video demonstrations and presentations.
Because digital assets are becoming commonplace for many businesses, digital management software is becoming a crucial part of many operations.
- At the heart of brand operations
- Concept becomes content, faster
- Brand do’s and don’ts
- More content, less time
- Unlock the data behind your content
- The way you work can work even better
- Trusted by teams everywhere
Canto is the leading digital asset management solution with 2,500 customers and 30 years of experience.
- Organize media files efficiently
- Extensive search features and tools
- Improve how you share digital assets
- Gallery-style previews showcase brand assets
- Digital asset tools that complement your brand
- Specify user roles and group access levels
- Guard your valuable assets
- Integrate your image library with the tools your company uses
- Boost team collaboration
- Maximize feedback from data with reports and analytics
ResourceSpace is Open Source Digital Asset Management (DAM) software that offers considerable savings over proprietry systems.
- ResourceSpace your way
- Customisable user experience
- DAM that has your name on it
Digital Asset Management, Open Source, Media Asset Management, Software, Systems, System, DAM, Solution.
- Store & Deploy Anywhere
- Manage Assets of any format
- Share & Collaborate
- Secure & reliable
- Powerful Search Engine
WoodWing offers solutions to help organizations produce content and publish to any channel.
- Accelerate your creation process
- Simple and sophisticated file management
- Share and distribute anywhere
Widen’s digital asset management solutions power brand management, creative workflows, and content lifecycles for the world’s most influential brands.
- DAM solutions for all
- Keep it secret, keep it safe
- Connect more
- Decide with data
- Get a sidekick
- Give your content a safe home
OpenText helps digitize processes and supply chains through analytics and AI powered intelligence solutions for better decision making.
- Marketing collaboration software
- Activity management
- Mobile user interface
- Mobile media management app
- Digital repository
- DAM integrations
- Brand portals
- Accelerated file transfer
- AI image and video analysis tools
- Enhanced 3D support
- Scheduled media delivery
- Adaptive media delivery
- Single sign-on authentication
Modernize digital assets with Nuxeo’s content services software platform. Forget legacy ECM & DAM and find a solution for today’s digital landscape.
- Any kind of asset
- Fast, intuitive search
- Rock-solid foundations
- Native workflows
- Configure, don’t customize
- Metadata made easy
Simplify your day by organizing your files with our digital asset management software.
- Tag and Organize
- Use your Files Everywhere
- Share & Collaborate
Solve your company’s document anarchy with templates that are on-brand, compliant and personalized for each employee.
- One platform to connect every aspect of document creation
- Templafy begins in Admin
- Access relevant document assets and templates exactly where it’s needed
- Automate intelligence in document creation
- Automate complex document assembly
- Keep company presentations up-to-date
- 40 ways to check format, layout and content compliance
- Adjust and unify content in presentations, faster
- Manage and deploy email signatures without IT
Take control of your brand assets with Brandworkz, the number one Brand Management Software used by marketers to deliver their brand vision and content consistently in multiple channels.
- One Master Artwork
- Simple Drag and Drop
- All Files Welcome
- Simple Preview
- Linking Assets
- Folder Structure
- Effortless Sharing
- Tagging your assets
- Image keyword recognition
- Managing asset tagging
- Edit Images within Brandworkz
Northplains Digital Asset Management (DAM) solutions make it easy to ingest, find, share, deploy and analyze your assets. Spend more time leveraging your assets and less time trying to find them.
- Digital Asset Management
- Content Lifecycle Management
- Brand Asset Management
Digizuite DAM workflow solutions you search, manage, and share files from one centralized asset bank ensuring brand consistency.
- Digizuite Media Manager
- Digizuite Mobile
- Digizuite DAM for Episerver
- Digizuite Adobe CC Connector
- Digizuite DAM for Sitecore
Five star Digital Asset Management Software with award winning usability at a great price.
- A feature packed, intelligent and easy to use DAM
- Flexible, configurable control you can grow into
- 5 star support and professional services / award winning user experience
Lightweight, cloud-based Digital Asset Management trusted by global clients like Wall Street Journal, Unilever & HBO.
- Granular access
- Multiple themes
- Request file links
- Auto tags
- White Label
- Custom thumbs
Lucidpress is a web-based drag and drop publishing app, enabling anyone to create stunning content for print and digital.
- User-friendly interface
- Asset organization
- Search functionality
- Content rights management
- User permissions
Box is changing how you manage content across your business from simple file sharing to building custom apps.
- Share and collaborate cross-functionally and externally
- Edit in real time
- Control content security and permissions
- Leverage metadata
- Build custom workflows
- On-demand access
- Track analytics
- Work across various file types
- Extract insights
Digital Asset Management solutions for marketing and communication services to rationalize their digital media.
- Collect… Store… Share!
- Content classification in a nutshell
- Define your targets
- A search mode breakthrough
- DAM Workplace
- Enrich the graphic chain
- Stay in touch
- Copyright made easy
CELUM provides the foundation for the creation, administration, distribution and monetization of content.
- Manage & Share
- Create & Collaborate
- Access & Control
- File Syncing & Sharing
Percolate is the leading Content Marketing Platform for the world’s largest and fastest growing brands.
- Optimize the quality, coordination, and timeliness of content delivery
- Store, organize, and share digital assets across the enterprise
- DAM Migration and Metadata Services
BLUE Software is the leading provider of Label and Artwork Management solutions for marketing, consumer brands, retail, and life sciences companies.
- Flexible metadata tags, filters, searches, and sorts
- Copy management
- Version control and traceability, asset status, security, and view
- Drag and drop asset population
- Batch edit metadata
- Export reports
- Store any file type
- Share file links with agencies and printers
- Configure fields to integrate Bill of Materials and Product Lifecycle Management systems
Aetopia provides a complete software DAM platform together with expert consulting services that help our customers discover, aggregate, manage and add value to their digital assets.
- Enhance brand consistency & image
- Increase speed of access to required assets, reduce downtime
- Easy sharing assets promotes digital collaboration inside and outside your organisation
- Improved security and control of digital assets
- Supports legal and regulatory compliance, e.g. GDPR
NetX is an easy to use digital asset management (DAM) software with a clean, modern UI that is simple to learn, helping users quickly adopt it into their daily workflows.
- NetX Gallery
- Search Facets
- Saved Searches
- Asset Request Form
- Collaborative Collections
- Grid Editor
- Download Justification
- Share Links
- Review and Approval
Collaboro is not a DIY digital asset management solution but more a bespoke platform that dovetails into highly complex marketing infrastructure to help create more calm in a chaotic marketing tech stack and create ease with external creative agencies.
- Bespoke Tagging
- Video Storage
- User Permissions
- Collection Service
- Service & Support
Digital asset management software, picture and video library systems, cloud based DAM.
- Developer API
- Unlimited Users & Data
- Data Migration
Directree is an AI powered Digital Asset Management software that makes storing, managing, sharing and collaborating digital assets all the more easy and effective.
- Version control
- Workflow automation
- AI powered image tagging
- Faceted search
- Public, private, group sharing
- User roles and access privileges
- Image recognition and auto tagging
- Powerful usage analytics
- Bulk uploading
- Alerts and notifications
- Comments and feedback
- Integrate with third party apps
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )