Nearly everyone on the planet is quite familiar with the Internet and what it does. Most of these people use it at work and at home. There is yet another type of network that is not as well known but is becoming more noticed in the business world. It is called the Intranet and functions as a company information network. While similar to the Internet, an Intranet is made for one specific set of users and has security that insures no one else outside of the group has access to the contents. Company intranets offer a unique and exciting way for company librarians to make use of their organization and handling skills of information.
There are definite differences between the Internet and an Intranet. As the Internet is a public access network, it is there for the whole world to see. Therefore, when a corporation builds a web page, it wants the graphics to be eye catching and memorable. This website is built to attract customers or clients and is going to be something that the corporation hopes people will remember. They use their website to lure so it may be a rather glamorous site. In contrast, the company Intranet is simply a company’s private place for their employees to obtain needed information. Once they have done that, they leave the site and start working. For this reason, there is not much time put into the appearance of this site. It is made for speed and nothing else. While both the Internet and the Intranet use the same hardware and software, they are used for two very different reasons.
The benefit of having a company Intranet system is to help communication between employees who will normally have no reason to meet or work on projects together. Intranets allow for knowledge and idea sharing while also providing one reliable and secure way to access the private information of the company that is needed. Intranets improve the ability of a company to manage its information. It can also keep the distribution of documents streamlined. Productivity is higher because the access to important information is improved and cost reduction of printing and distributing information is likely.
Oddly enough, even with all of the benefits of having a company Intranet, the main problem in creating one is how to convince management that it is a good idea. They worry that secrets of the corporation will escape to the general public. To help show them that the Intranet is a good idea that can offer many benefits and advantages to the company, explain to them that security in the form of firewall software is in place. This protects any data from getting into the wrong hands.
Sometimes it is difficult to convince employees and management alike to share knowledge that they may have. This is due to the fact that information management on an Intranet is more open and a lot of people prefer the more traditional and structured way. Another possible problem is the question of who owns any documents that are published on the company Intranet. A last issue may be due to not needing any extra money or staff to manage the Intranet. This may actually bother some people. Whatever the objections to installing a company Intranet that may come up, they can be overcome with the proper facts.
Intranet for Google Workspace (G Suite) users to drive communication, collaboration & productivity at work…
- Engage and create – together in Channels
- Get everyone on the same Page, from day one
- Your best asset, your People, now better connected
- Keep your internal brand(ing) consistently
- Make Internal Comms measurable with Advanced Analytics
- Work with the existing tools you know and love
- Keep everyone connected on the go
Mangoapps Intranet and team collaboration software making work simple, pleasant and more productive.
- Centralized Source of Information
- Access Important Resources
- Unparalleled Organization
- Intuitive and Easy
- Inclusive and Inviting
- Available Everywhere
- Completely Customizable
- Trusted Security
IC Thrive intranet software and internal communications expertise empower your employees to build a thriving workplace.
- People to purpose
- Purpose to prosperity
- Prosperity in personalization
eXo’s Company intranet software helps you build your company culture and engage your workforce by relaying critical messages through a web content management system (CMS).
- Customize your home page
Interact delivers intranet software that connects your organization, helping you to realize the potential and value of your digital workplace.
- Intranet content management
- Intranet Broadcasts
- Intranet Personas
- Intranet People Directory
- Intranet Homepages
- Intranet Workflow & Forms
- Intranet Communities
- Intranet Forums
- Digital Workplace integrations
- Intranet Analytics
- Social Intranet
- Mobile intranet
Igloo enables organizations to solve business challenges & cultivate a strong corporate culture through our intranet software & solutions.
- Intranet & Internal Blogs
- Shared Online Calendar & Schedule Maker
- Intranet Collaborative File Sharing
- Intranet Forum Software
- Task Management Software
- Microblog & Newsfeed Software
- Internal Wiki Software for Business Use
- People Directory for Employees
- Spaces & Virtual Gathering Spots
- Digital Workplace Search Feature
Simpplr helps engage your workforce, streamline internal communication, and forge employee connections.
- Interactive Employee Directory
- Employee Profiles
- Social Collaboration
- Social Following
- Photo & Video Albums
- Employee Advocacy
- Employee Blogs
The company that created the social intranet, Jive Software, is helping organizations across the globe improve employee engagement and collaboration.
- Connect systems with an integrated hub
- Empower individuals and teams
- Stay productive everywhere
- Reduce help desk costs
- Unify the O365 user experience
- Analyze and optimize
- Easy implementation
ThoughtFarmer is intranet software that drives employee engagement and boosts productivity.
- Communication Tools
- Content Management
- Search & Navigation
- Team Collaboration
- Social Features
- Document Management
Bitrix24 100% free company intranet portal software. Cloud and open source (PHP) with mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Company intranet in 30 seconds
- Communicate and collaborate
- Intranet for work
- 24/7 intranet access
- Safe and secure
Noodle’s Intranet Software gives companies the ability to share ideas, and documents, and collaborate on projects in a single secure portal.
Myhubintranet cloud intranet software has been designed for people with no technical experience. Therefore, you can get your site up and running in minutes using the simple Site Builder.
- Easy to Setup
- Easy to Manage
- Customized Pages
- Modules and Business Tools
- Embed Your Favourite Google Apps
- Custom Forms And Workflows
- Simple User Management
- Company and Team News Blogs
- Advanced Security
- File and Document Storage
- Social Intranet
SharePoint Intranet Software with 50+ features inside; Chatbots, Yammer out of the box, Task Management Tool.
- Mobile Apps Integration
- Intelligent Chatbot Support
- Personalization and Role-based Information
- Responsive and Flexible Design
- Targeted Social
- Iterative Development Approach
- Search Evolution
- Carousels and Heroes
- Yammer Integration from the Box
Improve communication, workflows and productivity with our intranet software platform.
- Chat with your colleagues in your intranet
- Connect your staff with corporate social networking
- Corporate communication and collaboration
- Discuss and share with intranet forums
- Stay in the know with automatic notifications
- Build unlimited interactive quizzes
Honey is a beautiful and intuitive social intranet for your company. Built to connect global teams, share resources, simplify team conversations, and support employee workflows, our enterprise social network software makes internal communications easy.
- Simple to use
- More than just links
- Seamless integrations
- Friendly, dedicated support team
Sorce intranet software provides you with the tools to help staff connect with your business and with each other.
- Customised design
- Powerful business applications
- Inbuilt business application development
- Fast, efficient and secure
- Business system integration
- Business system integration
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )