You might wonder what sales force automation means. Images of a robotic force of salespeople making door-to-door sales calls (and not giving up till every sale is closed) might flit through your mind.
Actually, it is nothing exotic like that. Sales force automation simply involves automating many of the tasks that members of your sales force would have to do by hand. For example, they will typically have to prepare reports of every call made, and the results of the call. In an automated environment, they would simply fill up a form after the calls, probably on their handheld devices after every call.
The call details will be stored by the central computer, and used to track any follow up if required. The call record will also prevent other sales people calling on the same prospect or customer again with the same message (leading to a highly irritated prospect or customer).
Table of Contents
Sales Force Automation Software Components
The sales force automation software would typically have components that represent all stages of the sales process. It can even include a sales forecasting component.
Contacts management system: Records all contacts made with a customer, including its purpose and indicating any required follow up. The records will be accessible to all departments that deal with customers. This means that all concerned would be aware of contacts already made and would not irritate customers by repetitive calls with the same message.
Sales lead tracking system: Sales leads can be generated through lists that you purchase, such as phone lists and email addresses lists. You can also identify leads by looking at the buyers of related products. All such leads would be recorded and tracked using the facilities provided by this system.
Order management system: All orders received must be properly tracked and executed to the satisfaction of the customer. Without an order management system, orders might be overlooked, particularly if the relevant items are not immediately available for executing it. The order management system prevents such occurrences.
Product knowledge: All members of the sales force must have a clear idea about the company’s products, and the benefits they provide to users. By making the knowledge available through a conveniently accessible section of the system, you can avoid disruptive seminars and other programs for imparting product knowledge. The section can be kept updated so that it will provide current product knowledge.
Product modeling system: A new trend is emerging allowing customers to “build” the product. For example, automobile customers can build their cars by selecting the kind of fittings and seating they need. Computer buyers can build a computer with the features they want.
Advantages of Sales Force Automation Software
The sales automation software can help train the sales force, familiarizing them with the steps to follow and providing the tools they need. By following the standard procedures, they will become familiar with the essential steps. Case studies and best practice materials can further help them acquire needed skills.
Another advantage is on the cost front. Frequent training programs, product knowledge seminars and other disruptive get-togethers can be minimized. At the same time, it should be recognized that personal contacts are essential for team building and motivation.
Sales persons will also get more time to do their selling, instead of writing reports. They can simply enter call details etc into computer forms, and the system will generate required reports.
Sales force automation software can thus prove highly valuable for improving sales performance at economic costs, provided care is taken to make the software user friendly and also to ensure that motivating personal contacts are not completely eliminated.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the leading sales force automation software that helps to optimize your sales process and lead communication with customers and prospects in a winning way.
The software allows:
- Centralizing account and contact information
- Taking full control over opportunities in the sales pipeline
- Scheduling activities and engaging with leads, prospects, and customers timely
- Getting AI-driven insights based on historical sales data (e.g., the next best action suggested)
- Monitoring sales performance
The leader in Gartner’s 2019 Magic Quadrant on Sales Force Automation, Salesforce Sales Cloud has rich capabilities to manage the sales process of small-to-midsize and large businesses. Its default functionality includes features for lead, opportunity, account and contact management, sales workflow automation, sales analytics and forecasting, etc. Salesforce Sales Cloud’s capabilities allow businesses efficiently manage their sales cycles, drive bigger sales and boost sales teams’ productivity.
Comibine the power of Low-Code BPM Platform to develop,run,automate and transform your business.
- Comidor Sales Force provides all the tools to initiate and complete repetitive Sales cycles successfully
- Lead Management & Pipelines
- Create Profitable Opportunities
- Control your Customer’s Journey
- Campaign Planning, Execution & Monitoring
- Collaborative Environment with Smart Notifications
Zendesk Sell is a simple, well-designed sales management software tool that keeps reps selling.
- Gain unprecedented pipeline visibility
- Prioritize leads and opportunities
- Turn customers into advocates
- Enable a mobile sales team
- Drive sales actions with data
- Capitalize on leads
- Explain the past and predict the future
- Alleviate administrative burden
NetSuite is the leading integrated cloud business software suite, including business accounting, ERP, CRM and ecommerce software.
- Opportunity management
- Sales forecasting
- Quote and order management
- Incentive compensation management
Sutisoft’s online salesforce automation software is a comprehensive suite of CRM applications designed to meet the requirements of all sizes organizations.
- Get a 360 degree view of prospects, leads and customers
- Cloud computing technology for secure storage and access of user data
- Intelligent sales forecasting to analyze and predict future sales
- Generate Leads from multiple sources
- Unified view of sales team activities
- Web-to-lead conversion
- Comprehensive knowledge management system
- Advanced sales funnel
- Simplified social CRM system
Freshsales is a full-fledged Sales CRM software for Business.
- Managing and qualifying leads
- Upselling and cross-selling
- More streamlined support
- Forecasting sales
- Generating reports and analytics
With bpm’online mobile sales force automation software in place, supercharging your sales process is easier than ever.
- 360-degree customer view
- Effective lead capturing and qualification
- Enhanced productivity for greater success
- Enterprise social media for better collaboration
- Insightful sales forecasting
- Amazing automation capabilities
Automate, connect and optimize your marketing with Ontraport — the CRM and marketing platform designed to turn your business on.
- Organize your sales process
- Streamline your workflow with task automation
- Nurture your leads with automated follow-up
- Score your leads to determine your hottest prospects
- Effectively distribute your leads to your sales team
ClearC2’s award-winning C2CRM features Marketing Automation, Customer Service, Sales Pipeline Management, Customer Support, and more.
- Easy to Use
- Automate your Sales Processes
- Sync with your ERP System
- Sales Forecasting
- Pipeline Management
- Sales Activity Management
- Complete Mobile App
Zed Sales force automation software and app helps to manage field force activities like attendance, location, longitude and latitude of any salesman.
- Manage ATTENDANCE SYSTEM with SALES FORCE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE
- Make Your BEAT PLAN with SALES FORCE AUTOMATION SOFTWARE
- Monitor CHECK-IN And CHECK OUT With SFA App
- Collect Your PAYMENTS with Sales Force Automation Software
- Target Vs Achievements
Visual SFA is the best way to place and replenish BTB orders for your fashion brand.
- Create Sales Orders for New and Existing Customers
- Always Up-to-Date Product & Inventory Information
- Order Status, Order Tracking, Pay Invoices
- Real-Time Product Catalogs Generated from ERP
- Measure and Improve your Sales Team’s Performance
- Agents and Customers Can Place Their Own Orders
Pepperi’s flexible B2B commerce platform combines sales force automation software, retail execution, direct store delivery and B2B eCommerce.
- CRM software for on-the-go sales teams
- Set up your field sales team for success with the benefits of sales automation software
- Powerful sales force automation software to win at the shelf
- Maximize van sales and streamline FMCG direct store delivery
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )