Mobile Device Management (MDM) (open source) is the term used to describe a system or solution for managing mobile devices remotely. These mobile devices include laptop computers, smart phones, ruggedized mobile data collection devices and tablet computers.
Given technology and the increasing need for mobility, enterprises like yours need to operate efficiently outside of the four walls of a specific business location. You need to interact directly with your customers and employees whenever and wherever they are.
Mobility provides increased efficiencies and productivity. Your business gains a competitive advantage by having access to information and applications necessary to act quickly. Managing the related mobile devices allows you to protect and optimize your operation.
Leading mobile device operating systems include Blackberry, Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS.
Open source mobile device management solutions will typically provide some or all of the following remote capabilities:
- Distribution of software updates and patches
- Tracking of hardware and software assets
- Distribution of information and data
- Tracking software for license compliance
- Supporting and controlling devices to troubleshoot issues
- Backing-up and restoring critical data
- Encrypting wireless communications
- Disabling stolen/lost devices
- Managing passwords/access security
MIRADORE – Free Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Miradore’s MDM software (mobile device management) enables you to easily view, manage, and secure Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows devices.
- Ensure device and data security
- Increase visibility
- Control device settings
- Full device management capabilities
- Full content management capabilities (incl. app management)
- Automation of manual tasks
- Full reporting and analytics
- Invite editors and readers
- Extensive support
MANAGEENGINE – Free forever for upto 25 devices
ManageEngine offers enterprise IT management software for your service management, operations management, Active Directory and security needs.
- Simple mobile device enrollment
- Profile configuration and management
- Mobile application management
- Mobile security management
- Secure content distribution and management
- Remotely troubleshoot mobile devices
- Mobile OS update management
- Complete asset management
- Conditional Exchange Access (CEA) for managed mobile devices (available only on-premises)
- Secure e-mail access and management
- Containerization and BYOD management
H-MDM – A Powerful Open Source Platform to Manage your Enterprise Android Devices
Headwind MDM is an open source tool for deploying Android apps to corporate mobile devices (phones, tablets), designed for developers and IT managers.
- Restriction of mobile user’s permissions
- Plugins: images, location, and more
- Kiosk mode: run your devices in single-task mode
- Lost devices management: lock and factory reset
- Unattended remote control and screen mirroring
- Web traffic control
- Improved safety for Samsung Knox devices
- Premium support and free setup of the on-premise solution
- Adaptation to custom Android devices (POS, STB, terminals)
ONE.COMODO – Free Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Comodo offers IT Remote Management tools includes (RMM Software, Remote Access, Service Desk, Patch Management and Network Assessment).
- Simplified MDM enrollment for users
- Automated device configuration reduces help desk calls
- Secure connectivity and mobile access control
- Enforce security policies and monitor device compliance
- Accelerate business processes with a mobile-aware enterprise
FLYVE-MDM – Products based on Open Source technologies
Flyve MDM is a Mobile Device Management Software (SaaS) that enables you to secure and manage all the mobile devices of your business via a unique web-based console (MDM).
- Self enrolment and management with Flyve MDM console for Android devices
- Monitoring and deployment policies
- Remotely wipe device
- Low battery and data consumption
- Retrieve device information
- Track location
- Communication use HTTPS and MQTT / TLS Protocols
- Securely wipe device
- Lock the device remotely
- Possibility to force device encryption
- Customise password requirements
- Password reset
- GPS to locate device remotely if lost / stolen
MICROMDM – Free and open source
MicroMDM is a project which provides an open source Mobile Device Management server for Apple devices.
- Check out the API
- Review the Code
- Contribute your ideas
SCALEFUSION – Try MDM Software for Free
Mobile Device Management MDM software allows IT managers to secure and manage Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows devices.
- Enforce Passcode Policy
- Factory Reset Protection
- Detect Compliance Violations
- Restrict Profile Removal
- SafetyNet Attestation
- Control Screen Capture
- Remote Wipe/Factory Reset
- Administrator Activity Logs
- MDM Kiosk Mode
- Configure Wi-Fi Settings
- Security Incidents Monitoring
- Data Sharing Restrictions
SIMPLEMDM – 30-day trial, no credit card required
SimpleMDM is the premiere Apple MDM solution for your business that’s easy to use and includes advanced functionality previously reserved for enterprise suites.
- Flexible enrollment
- Advanced configuration
- Robust Munki integration
- Powerful API
- Keep data safe and secure
ZOHO – Try Cloud MDM Software for Free
Zoho’s cloud based mobile device management (MDM) software helps you efficiently manage your organization’s iOS, Android & Windows devices.
- Complete mobile device management
- Instant and automated enrollment
- Enforce maximum mobile security
- Manage app life cycles
- Securely access emails
- Regularly audit devices and apps
HEXNODE – Try Hexnode UEM free for 14 days
Hexnode UEM offers an award-winning Unified Device Management solution for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, tvOS, and Fire OS devices.
- Get started in a snap, from enrollment to configuration
- Manage device, data and everything in between
- Easy grouping and conditional policy mapping
- Locate and manage devices in an instant
- Complete management over every aspect of the device
CORTADO – Free test
Cortado MDM offers everything you need to manage, secure and monitor iPhones, iPads and Android devices in your organization.
- Fastest Onboarding
- Ready for SCC, CCPA, HIPAA & GDPR
- Delivered by our Team in Denver
- Android Management
- iOS Management