Data modeling tools were designed to aid in building framework applications. With such tools, a conceptual model can be built from an existing database, which can then be visualized graphically and edited. You may also initially design a conceptual model and generate a database, which can support your model. In both scenarios, you can update your model automatically whenever there is a change in their underlying database. They can also create object layer code automatically for your application. Both object layer code and database management and generation can be customized.
In designing a database with data modeling tools, you may use one of the various organization structures that include:
- The hierarchical model
- The network model
- The relational model
Of these three models, the most common is the relational model, which also uses logical relationships on entities that are organized in views and tables.
There are many data modeling tools that are available. In fact, you can make use of free data modeling tools that are available online, which you can use in designing your database. However, bear in mind that not all modeling software were created equal. It has something to do with the tools used for relational data analysis in the logical stage of the database system design. Although you can find many data modeling tools free of charge, there is a tendency on the part of the software creator to get exclusivity on the programming language utilized in the generating process.
In designing your database model, it is suggested that you research your modeling tool adequately. Among the features that you should check are:
- Subset models full management
- Scripting and automation support
- HTML reports generation
- Data warehousing project and complicated data modeling platform support
You should also research on the versatility of modeling software like a free database software when it comes to schema switching. This can be vital when there is a need for a system change in place of the current interface requirements. You may also consider an interface that is user friendly in choosing your data modeling tools. The on-diagram display must be convenient to use, it must be easy to do editing and there should be innovative tools that can give your chosen tool better value.
If you are going to purchase a data modeling software, it is important that it has a technical support desk that you can access 24/7. It can help in getting product upgrade and update promptly as well as providing problem diagnosis and troubleshooting assistance fast. In addition, a help desk will ensure that you will have an advantage when it comes to the dynamic requirements of your database system.
There are plenty of affordable data modeling tools available in the market but it can make the selection process very confusing. Thus, it is important that you weigh all your options by making a data modeling tools comparison first, especially within the database design software, before ordering a product.
Erwin Data Modeler is a data modeling tool for visualizing metadata and database schema to understand complex data sources and design and deploy new ones.
- Visualization of Any Data From Anywhere
- Automated Data Model & Database Schema Generation
- Centralized Model Development & Management
- Data Literacy, Collaboration & Accountability
- Agile Application Development
- Increased Data Quality
- Reduced Risks & Costs
Design your SQL database with our free database designer tool. SqlDBM offers you an easy way to create an ERD of your database prior to creating an actual one.
- Friendly UI for Modeling
- Dark or Light Background Theme
- Subject Areas
- View Modes
- Collaborate and Share Projects
- Different Database / Data Warehouse Types Support
- Compare Revisions
- Diagram Export
- Project Conversion
- Alter Script
- Database Documentation
DB Designer web application is the most advanced and stable tool available in the market that gives you the power of visual database design online.
- Simple User Interface
- Reverse & Forward Engineer
- Collaborate & Share
- Designing & Modeling
- View Modes
- Export Options
Visualize database structures to understand your database, create new databases or reverse-engineer existing databases to modify, document, analyze, and optimize.
- Visual Database Modeling
- Forward and Reverse Engineering
- Database/Model Synchronization
- Model-Driven Collaboration
- Model Maintenance
- Better Database Designs
- Supported Databases
Toad Data Modeler is a cost-effective, powerful database modeling and design tool that is built for the individual developer, DBA and data architect.
- Multiple database support
- Simplified data modeling tool
- Logical and physical modeling
- In-depth reporting
- Model customization
- Synchronization with your database
- Effortless migration
- Unmatched visibility
- Data access with project folders
Hackolade agile visual data modeling solution for JSON, NoSQL, and multimodel databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Neo4j. Available on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
- Graphic visualization of complex data structures
- Leveraging the power of JSON and NoSQL
- Even non-relational DBs have relationships
- Forward- and Reverse-Engineering
- Data model documentation
- Engage the dialog
- Data governance
- Multi-platform desktop application
ERDPlus is a database modeling tool to quickly and easily create Entity Relationship Diagrams, Relational Schemas, and Star Schemas.
- Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
- Relational Schemas (Relational Diagrams)
- Star Schemas (Dimensional Models)
- Automatically convert ER Diagrams into Relational Schemas
- Export SQL
- Export diagrams as a PNG
- Save diagrams safely on our server
Fully-featured online tool for database design – simple but powerful. Create a database model, share it with your team, and finally generate SQL scripts instead of writing them manually.
- Model sharing
- Working on a model at the same time
- Public link to the model
- Import an existing database
- Automatic diagram layout
- creates all elements in your database
- removes all elements from your database
- creates or removes only selected elements – constraints for example
- Instant save
- Live validation
- SQL preview
- Fast switch between models
- Visual search
- Perfect zoom
- Fast navigation
- Find in diagram
- Subject areas
- Versioning models
- Cloning models
- XML export/import
ApexSQL offers the most comprehensive set of SQL Server DBA and Developer tools, with a broad array of award-winning tools.
- Constraint customization
- Create a model from a snapshot
- Create new or modify existing object groups
- Customize print output
- Customize the appearance of models
- Export database models as images
- Export selected part of a diagram as image
- Forward and reverse engineer
- Generate SQL script from a model
- Import only selected objects from database to model
- Index customization
- Navigate through model history
- Profiles for table customization
- Show/hide tables on diagrams
Quick and simple free tool to help you draw your database relationship diagrams and flow quickly using simple DSL language.
- Enjoy the Efficiency of Writing Code
- Generate SQL statements
- Export to Images and PDFs
- One Click Sharing
- Integrate with your SQL Databases
- Integrate with Popular Web Frameworks
SQL Developer Data Modeler is a free graphical tool that allows you to create, browse and edit, logical, relational, physical, multi-dimensional, and data type models enhancing productivity and simplifying data modeling tasks.
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )