Management of school information has gone completely digital in most universities and colleges throughout the world. This switch towards paperless systems is realized through recent progress in computers, networking, and database management. Open source school management systems provide a centralized organization of information for access, retrieval, and other functions that a conventional school registrar would otherwise painstakingly perform. Since this kind of system is based on a virtual infrastructure, it is vastly scalable so as to encompass a wide range of information across several locations. While commercial systems cost thousands of dollars for volume licensing, open source counterparts are free and institutions will just have to pay for support services.
Functions of the school management system:
A management system for institutions begins its functions right from the very start of student registration. Student application and registration may be done over the Internet. This proves very convenient for students who will have to relocate at the beginning of the school year. During the course of a semester, student truancy is also monitored as well as their performance in various subjects. School administrators retrieve relevant information and design personalized learning modules based on the insufficiencies that may surface.
Institutions are also supported during regular and comprehensive self-evaluations by maintaining a set of real-time information that are crucial for this purpose. By getting a unified view of the resources in real-time, resources are allocated more efficiently and every department receives a fair share.
One very important function of this system is enabling teachers to access various data concerning their students. Quick access to these data gives teachers and administrators a better idea of the state of the students. This information will be used to analyze further the teaching methods with the aim of advancing student performance. With the inclusion of integrated desktop tools, teachers as the forerunner of the academe are aided in designing more effective learning modules.
Through a specialized learning gateway, legal guardians of the students can access data right from the comfort of their own homes. This eliminates the need for having to ask the teacher regarding student attendance every time. Hence, consultations with the teacher are more streamlined improving the overall efficiency of the learning and monitoring system.
Basic features of the open source system:
- All the functions of the conventional registrar are encompassed in a school management system software application. One of the most basic functions is to provide data regarding student demographics. In the course of the semester, objectives and goals of a particular subject are also monitored for every student so as to assure that these are met.
- Class scheduling is also automated in the system. By entering parameters and restrictions for the desired schedule, a more organized and efficient way of scheduling is realized. Furthermore, adjustments are easily included into the schedule and conflicts as well are eliminated.
- For more advanced and customized features, open source school management systems are extendable by introducing new modules into the application. With added reliability and security of stored information, these open source systems are as good as their commercial counterparts.
openSIS is the best user friendly open source student information system. It is also a full scale school management & administrative system supporting K-12 and higher education needs.
- Student Demographics
- Report Cards
- User Permission
- Teacher Lesson Plans
- Standards Based Grading / US Common Core Standards
- Behavior/Discipline Management
- Goals and Progresses
- Parent Portal
- Data Upload Tool
- Class Portal – Teacher Web Pages
- Built-in Messaging
- Student Billing and Fees Management
- Address & Contact Information
- Advanced Reports
- Medical Records
- User Customizable Preferences
- Graduation Requirements & Graduation Progress
- Ripples – Twitter Like Micro-Blogging
- Library Management
Open-School – A versatile school management software used by thousands of educational institutions worldwide for administration & management activities.
- Easy to Use
- Always Connected
- Serious Security
- Unlimited Users
- Premium Support
OpenEduCat school management software is a comprehensive open source ERP for efficient management of students, faculties, courses, and classes.
- Open Source
- Multi Lingual
- Multi Currency
- Full Web Based
- On Cloud On Premise
- Data Import / Export
- Multi Organization
- Web Service Enabled
- Google Apps Ready
RosarioSIS Free web based Student Information System designed for school administration.
- Responsive design: compatible with tablets and smartphones
- Translated in French, Spanish, Arabic, German, Khmer and Bulgarian
- Colorful statistical charts for decision-making
- PDF documents generation
- Online registration
- Discipline, Accounting & Student Billing modules included
- Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) integration included
- Numerous free and Premium add-ons
Fedena is an all-in-one school management software which automates and streamline the schools’ daily operations easily.
- Online Classes
- Exam & Gradebook
- Fees Management
- Timetable & Attendance
- Parents Collaboration
- Paperless Admission
Web-School ERP provides innumerable prospects to educational institutions than other school management software exists in the industry.
- Unlimited Users
- Free Hosting
- Unlimited Courses & Batches
- Online Support
- Dashing dashboards
- Smart on phones
- Easy import and export of data
- Cost cutting
- 24*7 accessibility
- User friendly
- Well-structured modules
- Anytime, anywhere available
- Handles funds effectively
- Technical Support
ERPcaLL offers features like admission management, examination, online fees collection, transportation management, and many others.
- Student Admission
- Student Parent login
- Finance and Fees
- Human Resources
- Courses and Batches
- Student Attendance
- Messaging System
- Institute Event/Calendar
Open, modern, DIY ERP software for educational institutes and schools. Perfect for managing students, teachers, courses, and academic programs with an interactive portal built on the ERPNext platform.
- Student Applicants
- Student Information
- Document Storage
- Program Enrollment
- Programs & Courses
- Student Attendance
- Student Fees
- Assessment Plan
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- On-The-Fly Customizations
- Multilingual Open Source Education Software
- Self-Onboarding & Implementation
Gibbon is a flexible, open source school management platform designed to make life better for teachers, students, parents and leaders.
- Student Centred
- Teacher Led
- Unified Access
- Free & Flexible
Fedena is an open source student information system used by millions worldwide. Fedena School ERP Software manages students, teachers, employees efficiently.
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )