VOIP or Voice over Protocol Solutions is the group of technology or methodology for delivering voice communications or multimedia sessions over the Internet or Internet protocol. The VOIP solutions are utterly transforming the way businesses communicate or function. It offers great productivity benefits and also allows cost savings. The voice over internet protocol is meant actually for the businesses. Small Businesses VoIP solutions can help you cut down on the calling bills that you pay monthly. The solutions offer an unbeatable price range irrespective of what plan you opt for. You simply need an internet connection to avail the benefits. Users can experience unlimited VOIP calls and thus remain in touch with all relevant persons or useful contacts as per the needs. There is no need to worry about the monthly phone bills as such. The call rate tends to become unbeatable. The solution also frees you from the burden of uploading balance in the calling account of the company or making timely bill payments. Any cut-down on the expenses will certainly prove a boon for the enterprise.
How does business VOIP solutions work?
More and more small businesses use VOIP solutions to make international calls at a reduced rate. Voice over internet protocol can lower regular mobile or landline costs or may make the calls totally free. VOIP functions by transmitting the various analog signals like fax, voice, voice messaging and SMS into digital signals transmitted via the internet. It does not make use of public switch telephone network for the transmission. So, you may make phone calls and use the communication services via the internet. Both in terms of ease of usage and pricing, VOIP is preferred. As it works through the internet, you may use VOIP wherever there is an internet connection. So, when you travel abroad, you may just carry the phone and adapter to make calls. If you are looking to switch to Business Voip Solutions, you need to learn how VOIP works.
The various kinds of VOIP calling
When it comes to Voice over Internet Protocol, there are mainly three types:
- The IP phones may connect easily to your internet without any need for an adaptor for signal conversion. The IP phones work and function like regular phones. It may be availed corded or cordless that may be plugged into the internet router directly. IP phones also offer additional benefits such as allowing you to put calls on hold, transfer the calls to other extension or multiple phone lines. This makes it ideal for the business.
- The VOIP adapter or analogue telephone adapter is another kind that allows one to connect the regular phone to the internet or computer for making the calls. If you want, you can use your service provider or your regular phone to make calls and then move to VOIP for the international calls. The adapter here converts the analogue signal into the digital signals.
- Computer to computer is the most convenient and easy type of VOIP. Here you just need software on the computer, the internet connection, the headset. There is no need of any phone or adapter. Several companies offer PC to PC software along with additional services such as transferring calls to some other extension, putting the call on hold or employing the multiple call lines. The calls will be free, but you need to pay some charge for software on a monthly basis. This software can also be installed on the phone called the mobile dialer or softphone. With the softphone, you may make VOIP calls from your mobile phone. Mobile phones also become portable and thus they may be used from anywhere you want. For normal calls, the regular phone plan may also be used.
The system functions when you set up some circuit or channel between the receiver and the caller for the entire call duration. The dedicated copper wire connection was expensive as the person actually owned the wire during the call. As the calls are getting digitalized, it is getting easier to make calls at a reduced rate.
To send voice signals to an IP address, codecs will be used. They help to convert the audio signal into data packets. Small Business VOIP solutions may sound pretty complicated, but things happen faster and efficiently.
What are the advantages of business VoIP solutions for a businessman?
Every business tries to increase the profitability by cutting costs. It is great to know that with the increasing pace of advancement, businesses are left with endless possibilities when it comes to cost cutting. Every forward-thinking businessman must implement Business Voip Solutions to bring down the cost of communication. Voice over internet protocol makes use of the power of the internet in place of the traditional telephone cable for connecting the callers. So, the calls may be made at reduced rates and even the long distance calls may be made in less than half the cost of regular calls. The real saving from VOIP is attained when the data traffic is combined with telephone capability or voice calling capability. So, when you make a call to someone, your voice gets converted into a digital data traveling through the internet. When the digital data reaches its destination, the data returns to the original state in the form of voice. The conversion takes place with the special adapter which is attached to the modem or phone through the special VOIP phone. This conversion may also take place with the software installed on the computer.
Communicate between several business locations
If your business is located across several states, you may communicate effectively with VOIP business solutions. In fact, you can communicate between the offices at a reduced rate. So, communication between the offices gets cheaper. VOIP solutions also offer outstanding business communication features including fax capability, caller ID for VOIP, call forwarding facility and several others. The communication mode also has the conference call capability to accommodate 3-4 people who want to communicate at the same time. But, a lot depends on the provider who offers the solution. It works independent of fixed and traditional phone lines and function anywhere you get an Internet connection. So, as long as you have the ‘hard phone’, you may make low-cost calls. VOIP software may easily be installed on the laptop.
Long distance calls made easy
Business VoIP solutions offer advantages to certain specific businesses. The money you save with the VOIP relies on the total number of long distance calls you make every month. The quality of connection also depends on how fast the internet may be on slower connection, low sound quality or on dropped calls. Only when your internet can handle regular data traffic and VOIP, it is beneficial to have VOIP for your business.
Both data and voice communication can run over the singular network with the VOIP. This reduces the infrastructure cost. Apart from this, the user interface is simple and intuitive to allow users to make simple changes in the configuration system.
Identifying the best business VOIP solutions among so many
Every business has some communication demand basing on the type of service it is providing to the clients or the vendors. Business VOIP solutions help to cater to all the communication needs of a business house. It is actually a tailor made solution which offers one stop solution to internet service provider, corporalist and contact centers. By effectively and efficiently using the VOIP termination system, any business can thrive and flourish. There is entire cluster of VOIP solution providers or service providers available in the telecommunication sector in the current times. There are some guidelines you may follow to arrive at the finest call termination service. VOIP implies voice over internet protocol where the voice is transmitted digitally. You need to have a high speed internet connection to get the best telephonic service. The calls get routed in the internet rather than on the telephone line. You need to first identify the best VOIP solution for your business.
Let your business flourish with the perfect business VOIP solution
If you can use VOIP termination service creatively and efficiently, your business will flourish. You need to first know what actually accounts for the best VOIP solution. There are a number of factors you need to consider. There are various VOIP providers offering different call tariffs in order to transmit the call. It is important to ensure that the provider offers you a rate which is much at par with the rates prevalent in the industry. Make sure there is not even a cent difference.
- Check out the quality of VOIP service: Before you choose any particular VOIP solution, it is important to check out the quality of the service among so many Business Voip Solutions. You may check out the rate of average call duration, the post duration delay and the success ratio to judge the quality. The quality is better if the average call duration is higher and the rate is lower. It will be great to look for the service provider who has link with the Tier-1 operator. The service will be of higher quality.
- The ease of operation: It is important for the service provider to ensure that it seamlessly integrates IP telephony with communication structure of the organization with minimum discomfort and maximum ease. A good VOIP provider will ensure this.
- Professional training must be offered: There are various premium service providers who offer professional training in the use of VOIP. Professional training to the user or a corporalist, using the VOIP service for the very first time, must be offered. The user may thus attain a level of comfort when using the technology.
- Look for additional features: When choosing business VOIP solutions, you need to ensure that there are additional features like call waiting, call forwarding and call conferencing. They may be used to improve the ways the calls are made and the business is done.
Businesses are increasingly replacing traditional phone systems with IP based solutions.
- Reduce Costs
- Optimize Bandwidth
- Minimize PRIs
- Enhance Business Continuity
- Virtual Foreign Exhchange
- Quick Call Paths
1-VoIP is a leading VoIP provider offering residential and business VoIP service with premium features at lower costs.
- Save an average 53% on your phone bill
- Includes 40+ business features
- Bring your existing phones
- HD call quality
- #1 Rated Customer Service
- No contract or cancellation fee
Affordable VOIP business phone service, toll free numbers and virtual pbx features starting under $10/month.
- Account Management
- Call Blocking
- Call Notification
- Caller ID (Incoming)
- Dial-by-Name Directory
- HIPAA Compliance
- Intuitive Web Interface
- Address Book
- Call Forwarding
- Analog Phones
- Call Handling Rules
- HD Voice
- Instant Setup
- U.S. Based Support
- and More.
Help information flow through your organization seamlessly to get more done faster and smarter – with the right calling, chat, collaboration and customer experience tools from Mitel.
- Audio Conferencing
- Video Collaboration
- Web Conferencing (desktop sharing)
- Instant Messaging
- Outlook and G Suite Integration
- Mitel Teamwork / Business SMS
- Connect Telephony for Microsoft
- Mobile Apps
- Admin Portal
- Salesforce / CRM Integration
- Voicemail Transcription
- On-Demand Call Recording
- Always-On Call Recording
Jive’s cloud-based phone system offers an all-inclusive business phone solution to help unify communications throughout your organization.
- Call Analytics
- Call Queues
- Call Recording
- Desktop Integration
- Conference Bridge
- Custom Greetings
- Fax to Email
- Find Me/Follow Me
- Music on Hold
- Online PBX Controls
- Ring Groups
- Time-Based Routing
- Unlimited Extensions
- Virtual Fax
- Visual Dial Plan Editor
- Voicemail to Email
8×8’s VoIP business phone systems deliver affordable, cloud-based voice, video, messaging, and call center solutions, helping you serve customers anytime, anywhere.
- Omnichannel Routing
- Agent Productivity
- Supervisor Enablement
Explore Verizon’s full selection small and medium business solutions including FiOS, high speed internet, phone, and TV service.
Vonage offers business grade cloud unified communications as well as VoIP service for your home. Get a quote for VoIP phone service, cloud solutions & more.
- 99.999% uptime reliability
- Runs on your high-speed internet connection
- Enhanced quality of service with SD-WAN technology available
- 40+ features to help you customize your business communications
- Mobile and desktop applications enable mobile working and virtual teams
- High-quality voice, point to point video, and messaging
- Includes the Amazon Chime Pro tier, offering chat, screen share, video and web conferencing
- Integrates with the business applications you use everyday
- Easily scales as your business grows
- Simple activation and setup with 24/7 customer support
- Month-to-month contracts available
Ooma is a state of the art internet phone service provider for home, mobile, and small to enterprise businesses.
- Unlimited calling in U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico
- Low international rates
- 911 service
- FREE number transfer
- One FREE toll-free number (includes 500 minutes of inbound calls per month)
- Main line company number
- One direct dial number per user
- Easy installation
- Wireless options available
- Ooma Office IP phones
- Ooma Office mobile app
- Analog phones
- User portal
- Fax machine port (with Base Station)
- 24/7 customer support
- Smart phone app: 2-phones-in-1
- Call forwarding
- Multi-device ring
- Virtual extensions
- Voicemail audio email attachments
- and More.
A virtual phone system can help your business stay organized with many calls coming in.
- Desktop + Mobile Apps
- Voicemail Transcription
- Simultaneous Call Handling
- Custom Greetings
- Business Texting
- VoIP/Wi-Fi Calling
- Virtual Fax
- Incoming Call Control
- Business Phone Number
- Call Forwarding
- Call Transfers
Top 5 greatest myths associated with business VOIP solutions
A lot of misconception surrounds Voice over internet protocol. VOIP is the advanced internet telephony based on methodologies, technologies and deals with the transmission of multiple session of voice communication across the globe. There are global VOIP service providers who apply internet protocols and techniques to ensure active and absolute interconnection between the users of various domains. Such VOIP services may be availed on internet devices and numerous smartphones. The various myths surrounding business VOIP solutions need to be busted.
VOIP offers minimal savings
The calls from VOIP are pretty much cheaper when compared to the traditional phone line. The companies that have opted for Business Voip Solutions, they have managed to save up to 50% costs when compared to using the traditional phone service. VOIP lends more features without giving much additional cost. Businesses do prefer VOIP above the traditional phones. So, businesses save much more than what is estimated.
The voice quality is unacceptable and inferior
VOIP services have become much better than what that used to be before. VOIP services can sample the voices at 16kHz with much better compression algorithm. Indeed, the nature of the VOIP supports far better call quality. It helps in removing the data interference since the analogue voice signals gets translated into digital signal much before the signals are translated over the web. Here there is more priority on voice rather than the data and so the call is of high quality.
VOIP services are just meant for tech experts and large businesses
It is true that voice over internet protocol was created by the advanced professionals belonging to tech sector but that does not imply that it is not suitable for small businesses. Small businesses and firm do rely more on mobility of the agents, employees and representative. When compared to landline, VOIP offers more flexibility, scalability and these were not available from traditional landline services. So, VOIP is meant for small businesses as well.
The setup charge is costly
This is the greatest of myths that the cost of setting up VOIP and its management is costly. VOIP is in fact the easiest of phone systems that is available for setup. It hardly matters whether it is hosted, basic or integrated phone service. There is no need for any hardware setup to use the plan. The process of setting up is very easy and eliminates the need for a technician. You can yourself set up, maintain and manage the system.
The VOIP technology offers a lot of trouble
Businesses are just reluctant to embrace new technologies. They do not readily accept new innovations. The new VOIP technology is misunderstood by the businesses as a very complex kind of technology but it is not. VOIP is simple enough to free you from the expensive services one got from traditional landline. Certain VOIP has developed PBX to handle hundreds of users.
Business VOIP solutions are more cost effective when compared to the traditional phone lines. VOIP offers several features for free without any extra charges. Some of the noteworthy features are caller ID, 3-way calling feature and call waiting, call forwarding, etc.