Cloud technology is one of the widely used storage technology all over the worlds by different companies and computer users. Cloud storage is used for storing files in a remote server. A user can upload the files to the cloud and access them from anywhere. Cloud technology reduced the risks of on-site data storage. With the help of cloud, users don’t have to worry about losing their data from local storage computers, due to any reasons at all.
What is a Hybrid Cloud
So what is a hybrid cloud? A hybrid cloud is simply a mix up of private cloud and public cloud. Public clouds are those we mentioned before, which we can use to store our data in a remote server and access them from anywhere. Private cloud is an on-site cloud system, which means that files stored in those servers can only be accessed by the other computers connected in the same network. Both public and private clouds can be used for not only data storage, but also other computational needs of an organization.
What is the purpose of a Hybrid Cloud
You might think why someone would want to store data locally when they have easy access to public clouds. Private cloud is used to host critical resources which needs to be accessed faster. Usually the files stored in private clouds will be information like development workloads and other files which needs to be accessed fast. The data being published and accessed via internet makes it easier to access and dramatically reduces latency. Also the risk involved when using remote servers as storage is also reduced due to the locally stored and processed data management systems. A hybrid cloud combines the advantages of a public cloud and private cloud.
Hybrid Cloud advantages
A hybrid cloud is helpful for handling the workload more efficiently. If a company needs to process big amount of data, then the private cloud can be used to host the different values and parameters of the required calculation ( such as sales, test report data) and then use the public cloud to run the calculation queries.
A hybrid cloud is also helpful when there occurs a spike in the computational needs of a company in special occasions. When low computational power is needed, then private cloud can be used. When the demand rises, the task can be transferred to the public cloud network for better handling of the data.
The private cloud can not only be used to data storing and processing. There are other possibilities also. It can be used for various business processes like internal messaging, scheduling and analytics.
The capability to switch between private and public cloud is one of the main advantages of hybrid cloud technology. A hybrid cloud is flexible. It eliminates the need to spend too much money to compensate for short term increase in demand. Hybrid can be used whenever demand spikes. The customer only has to pay for the computational resources they use. So it’s economical also.
Some popular Hybrid Cloud providers
Equinix is the world’s largest data center & colocation provider, enabling fastest application performance, lowest latency and a digital ecosystem for financial, CDM, enterprise and cloud networks.
- Equinix offers data center industry’s broadest choice in cloud service providers, with many of them offering direct connections to their cloud infrastructure via Equinix Cloud Exchange™, Equinix Cross Connects or Ethernet services.
- Equinix is the only data center provider offering direct connection to AWS, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud.
- We provide the data center industry’s most advanced and broadly deployed cloud interconnection platform: Equinix Cloud Exchange.
- Our data centers provide reliable connectivity for transmitting latency-sensitive and/or high-bandwidth data traffic – up to 100Gbps of bandwidth and sub-millisecond latency.
- Equinix provides information security from transmitting data over private connections instead of public networks, reducing the risk of data flows being intercepted, monitored or modified.
- Unmatched choice in network services: 1,800+ networks connect to our International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) facilities.
- 210+ data centers on 5 continents
- Guaranteed >99.9999% availability
Amazon Web Services offers reliable, scalable, and inexpensive cloud computing services.
- Broad range of services
- Best VMware solution for on-premises and cloud
- Same AWS infrastructure and services on-premises – AWS Outposts
- Secure and compliant
NewCloud Networks has custom cloud computing services including cloud back up & recovery & cloud production for small, medium & enterprise businesses.
- Never Run Out, Scale into Endless Resources On-Demand
- Enjoy Total Flexibility, Choose Cloud, Colo and/or On-Prem
- Deliver More Reliable IT Services with 99.99% Uptime Cloud
- Easily Integrate Your VMware Environments & Applications
- Stretch Your Budget, Segment by Data Sensitivity
- Rest Easy Knowing Your Connections & Data Are Secure
- Get Started in a Hurry with Expedited NewCloud Migration
- You Are Not Alone, Our Full Team of Engineers are Ready to Help
Discover true cloud solutions designed holistically which addresses people, technology and economics to help you move to a hybrid cloud model quickly, with no disruptions.
- Take a hybrid approach
- Make a comprehensive plan for cloud
- Build solutions with leading cloud providers
- Control and optimize cloud costs
Atos Canopy delivers a comprehensive suite of orchestrated hybrid cloud solutions to accelerate your organization’s digital transformation.
- Digital Hybrid Cloud
- Managed Private Cloud
- Multi-Cloud Automation and Management
- Technology Transformational Services
- Managed Public Cloud
- Empowering DevOps
- Application Transformation and Migration Services
- Application and Data Services
Dell Technologies provides solutions for your multi-cloud journey that combine the power of Dell EMC and VMware.
- Right workload, right cloud
- Connect with World-class cloud service providers
- Optimize your costs
Hybrid cloud solutions from VMware based on VMware Cloud Foundation deliver consistent infrastructure and operations for any app, anywhere.
- Increase Business Agility
- Optimize IT Efficiency
- Reduce Business Risk
Cisco HyperFlex hybrid cloud solutions are infrastructure building blocks that work with a variety of Kubernetes and multicloud management services to run modern applications.
- The new HyperFlex Application Platform simplifies application modernization with an integrated container-as-a-service (CaaS) solution that makes it easy to install, upgrade, manage and monitor Kubernetes across cloud, data center, and edge.
- Cisco HyperFlex supports multiple Kubernetes-based container management platforms as well as hypervisors.
It works with HyperFlex Application Platform, Red Hat OpenShift, and Google Cloud’s Anthos.
- You can seamlessly move applications from HyperFlex on-premises environments to multiple public clouds using Google Cloud’s Anthos, IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management, or Cisco CloudCenter Suite.
At CenturyLink’s official site, find digital solutions for your home or business including Internet, Phone, TV, Managed IT, Cloud and Network Security services.
- Managed cloud
- Hybrid infrastructure
- Cloud connectivity
- Managed services & IT consulting
DXC Technology is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services and solutions company, helping customers harness the power of innovation to thrive on change.
- Application Services
- Business Process Services
- Cloud and Platform Services
- Consulting Services
- Enterprise and Cloud Apps
- Workplace and Mobility
As a cloud computing services pioneer, we deliver proven multicloud solutions across your apps, data, and security.
- Depend on our industry-leading experts to deliver the best strategy and solutions for your challenges.
- Let us manage your technology for you – across applications, data, security and multiple clouds.
- Benefit from our 20+ years of experience delivering success for thousands of customers like you.
What should you look for when buying a Hybrid Cloud
Enquire about the tools that are available to manage and process data and their integration into existing systems.
You are trusting them with your important data. So you need to know how secure their system is.
Individual systems may go off. In that case, there should be a backup system which should kick in for the continuous data processing.
How fast is their system? Does their application software operate without any delays? How much time it takes for data transfer?
Hybrid Cloud disadvantages
Every system has its flaws. So does the hybrid cloud system. The hybrid cloud system utilizes the public cloud whenever needed. Private cloud interacts with public cloud frequently. So solid network connection is required between the public and private cloud systems in order to process data without any interruptions.
Another issue is the reliability. If you are in the middle of an important task and the public cloud goes down, then your work will not be complete. This issue can be partially solved by having a secondary cloud service. If one goes down and service is disrupted, move on to the other for the time being. Companies can design a system which can interoperate with multiple public cloud services. Though this might complicate the design.
You should also be careful about third party intrusion. Since the data is being sent to and received from public cloud via internet, there might be some third parties trying to access the data to use it for malicious purposes.
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )