In a company that has much data to handle, it is difficult to manage all the information effectively. Searching for particular information from an entire database is a daunting task indeed. At the same time, there is new data added with each passing hour. Companies habitually add this data to their existing database, and at the same time, they cannot delete the previous data, however outdated it might be, because it could be relevant later. But this multiplies the task of the company. The solution for this problem is, data storage software. This is a software tool that allows companies to store and backup their data.
Data storage solutions are necessary for companies that are getting data from various sources daily. Current data is, of course, of prime importance. This is your primary data. However, as time goes by, this data becomes less relevant to your objectives. This is the time when you need to remove it to make space for new data. This means you label it as secondary data. After still more time passes, and you are sure that you would not need the data again, you can put the data into your archives. This is the way data storage software works. These automated programs decide the status of data, and properly assign them as secondary data, or data suitable for the company’s archives.
There are two main advantages that data storage software can provide for your company.
These are as follows:
- It creates a secure backup for mass data storage, so there is a solution if there is any accident later.
- It frees up space for incoming information.
However, there are other benefits of data storage packages which are not as obvious, but are still important.
- They create a virtual storage alternative for the company’s data that is both flexible and easy to get at when needed.
- You can archive data into files. Or you could save it in a tiered format. Both of these make the long-term costs on data storage less.
- You streamline the entire process of storing data, which means less labor in protecting data and therefore, less costs to the company.
Most of the data storage software available today are sophisticated enough to meet your company’s needs. There are systems to condense the data into the smallest form possible, so they need the minimal space. Also, you would set up the storage in a hierarchical order – based on preferences – which makes it possible to withdraw the information easily if you ever need it.
There are many different ways in which data storage programs work. In one method, the program transfers data into disks from where you can read them several times. This is a feature of the WORM (Write Once Read Many) software. Then, there is another method where the program transfers the data from one disk to another, and then finally to a tape. Software experts call this data storage method the disk-to-disk-to-tape, or d2d2t method.
Storing data is an efficient and economical solution for companies. It saves the space they need for their data management and therefore saves costs. That is the reason many companies are today investing in data storage softwares.
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation.
Software Defined Storage:
- ONTAP Select
- Element X
Data Management Software:
Data storage software for NAS & SAN storage solutions including high availability, virtualization, disaster recovery, backup and cloud with 60-day trial available.
- On- & Off-site Data Protection
- On- & Off-site backup storage solutions with Open-E JovianDSS
- Cloud Data Protection Service
- Disaster Recovery for Fibre Channel with 3rd party tools
- Disaster Recovery for Fibre Channel with Synchronous Replication
- Disaster Recovery for iSCSI with 3rd party tools
- Disaster Recovery for iSCSI with Synchronous Replication
- Disaster Recovery for NAS with 3rd party tools
- Disaster Recovery for NAS with Synchronous Replication
- Disaster Recovery for NAS with Asynchronous Replication
- NAS Filer
- NAS – effective storage solution for small business
- Solutions for data storage management and centralization
Everteam’s Enterprise Content Management solution allows rapid deployment of applications that connect people, process and content. Our Content Services platform combine advanced business process management capabilities with complete document management functionality to enable complex workflows in seamless solutions.
- Data Management
- Content Management
- Process Management
- Data Visualization and Analytics
- Extensions and Connectors
StorPool is designed from the ground up to provide cloud builders, shared hosting providers and MSPs with the most resource efficient storage software on the market. It is faster, more reliable and scalable. Our systems starts from 500 000+ IOPS and 0.2 ms of latency! High performance, low latency, cost reduction!
- End-to-end data integrity
- Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Distributed, shared-nothing architecture
- Automatic recovery
- In-service software upgrades
- Three-way synchronous replication
- Single VLAN
- Online configuration changes
- Networking protocol for max. throughput and lowest latency
- Network redundancy
- Fault sets
Tintri Enterprise Cloud offers public cloud agility inside your data center.
- Cloud Connector
- Synchronous Replication
- Automation Toolkit
- Manage workloads from a single all-flash array in minutes
- Simple storage for complex problems
- Tintri controls each application automatically
Talon FAST software helps global enterprises solve challenges around distributed file storage by centralizing corporate file data into traditional datacenters, private or public clouds while maintaining enterprise control and security.
- Centralize Unstructured Data
- Consolidate Distributed IT
- Streamline Distributed IT & Eliminate Branch Office Backups
- Launch a Cloud-First Strategy
Access & share your files, calendars, contacts, mail & more from any device; on your terms. Get your ownCloud today and protect your data.
- Sync and Share Your Data, with Ease
- A Safe Home for All Your Data
- Your Data is Where You Are
- Community Driven
- Access Everything You Care About
- Share With anybody on Your Terms
- Mobile and Desktop Syncing
- Extensible Through an Agile App Framework
Instant recoveries, hands-free management, automated workflows, easy cloud adoption, & hard dollars saved.
- Simplify Backup and Recovery
- Accelerate Cloud Adoption
- Enable Automation at Scale
Tuxera create software that improves data handling, and storage lifetime and reliability in connected cars, smartphones, routers, and much more.
- Multi-media, multi-platform support
- Extensive file system tools
- Custom-engineered for highest storage performance
- Premium user experience
- Patented, fail-safe file systems
- Responsive customer support
Proven object storage solutions from Caringo designed to maximize scalability, reliability and security. Learn the advantages of software defined object storage.
- Stream content directly from storage
- See issues before they happen
- Organize and search content
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org )