Today’s workforce prefers to use their own devices, and for employers and organizations, it’s a win-win, saving them time, labor and money. This evolutionary step in mobile technology enables corporations to boost productivity, increasing efficiency by streamlining operations. It’s no wonder workers in nearly 75 percent of companies are using their own devices for some level of tasking.
What to Consider When Launching Your BYOD Management Program
On the other side of the coin, BYOD presents a host of problems regarding the security of sensitive company data. Enter the BYOD management program, which, when implemented properly gives workers easy access to the data they need to get the job done without compromising important corporate information. The goals of the best BYOD or Mobile Device Management (MDM) programs are the following:
- To enable staff to acquire simple, yet secure access to company information.
- To lessen the workload of busy IT departments who are already busy managing and securing company data.
- To provide a level of flexibility to employees without exerting excessive control over their personal data and mobile device activity.
- To increase employee morale without compromising security and manageability
BYOD Management Challenges
Include the IT team in the production of your BYOD policies from the beginning, because they will need to monitor and maintain the program unless you hire an outside vendor. Start by answering the following questions:
- Applications: What apps will you forbid? Will you allow data sharing, IP scanning, Cloud storage or Dropbox?
- Agreements: What type of Acceptable Usage Agreement (AUA) do you plan to implement for employee devices containing sensitive company information?
- Compliance: What regulations apply to the data your organization has to secure? For example, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires native encryption on all devices that contain data relating to the act.
- Data Plans: Will the organization pay for employee data plans in full or partially? How will you compensate employees? Will they turn in expense reports or get a stipend?
- Devices: What mobile devices will you support, specific ones or whatever your workers currently use?
- Privacy: Determine what date you will collect from your staff’s devices, as well as what data you will never collect, and how you will discern between the two.
- Security: What security measures will you need to protect confidential company records, like Cloud backup, passcode protection, rooted devices, encryption and anti-malware/spyware apps?
- Services: What kinds of resources will you allow employees access to, such as VPNs, CRMs and secured wireless networks, for example. Will you let employees use company email accounts or messaging services?
Protect the Data Not the Device
A number of applications for BYOD management are available by a host of companies nowadays. Corporate personnel can use one easily accessible app for everything, from email and messaging, to accessing data and files. This way, organizations have a private and secure channel of communications that links the app with a gateway behind the company firewall.
This allows the IT team to secure and manage the environment, tailoring it to specific needs while keeping personal and corporate information separate. BYOD management apps continue to evolve with the growing needs of BYOD. They simplify the onboard process by eliminating the need to configure each device for email and authentication separately.
No matter what you do, take it slow. You don’t have to accept all devices from all of your staff at once. Begin with a few people and monitor your program to see how it performs. Add more people and devices as you perfect your BYOD management program.
The cloud SaaS based enterprise mobile security and mobile device management (MDM) software for BYOD devices including IoT.
EMM and MDM solutions:
Hexnode MDM is a leading Enterprise Mobility Management vendor who helps businesses to manage byod , apps and content.
- Apple DEP enrollment
- Android Zero Touch Enrollment
- Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment
- QR Code based enrollment
- Enrollment without authentication
- Email based enrollment
- SMS enrollment
- Active Directory based enrollment
- ROM based enrollment
- Enrollment with Apple Configurator
- Remote Lock
- Corporate Wipe
- Remote Wipe
- Auto compliance
- Remote manageability like never before
- Managed Lost Mode
- Activation Lock Bypass
MDM Remote Control:
- Remote control – The real time support
- Remote control
- Remote view
- And more.
Jamf Pro is comprehensive enterprise management software for the Apple platform, simplifying IT management for Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV.
- Jamf Mac management software: the tools you need to get the job done
- Navigating industry terminology for one clear solution
- Build a stronger academic environment
- From the conference room to the classroom, Apple TV delivers the ultimate display experience
- Choose your own device programs (CYOD) make employees more efficient and your life a little easier
- Apple OS upgrades season is upon us
- Setup —> Use —> Reset
- K-12 iPad management: Mission impossible no more
- Majoring in Apple device management? We’ve got a program for you
- An iPad away from better care
- Be at the forefront of the retail revolution with Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple TVs in business
- Enabling a mobile workforce
- Do more with less
- Be on the forefront of hospitality with integrated Apple TV and iPad in every room
ManageEngine offers enterprise IT management software for your service management, operations management, Active Directory and security needs.
Enterprise mobile device management:
- Quickly bring devices under management
- Intuitive dashboard with an easy to use interface
- Ensure devices are compliant with policies
- Troubleshoot devices in real time
- App distribution, made easy
- Manage your app inventory
- Separate corporate apps from personal ones
- Run only select few apps on the device
- Remotely wipe device data
- Detect and report high risk and non compliant devices
- Secured access network
- Containerization platform for emails
- Integration with email platforms
- Share and view email attachments securely
- Securely view and save documents
- Prevent third party cloud backup
- Automatic document updates
- Multiple file format support
- Enterprise data is stored in an encrypted container
- Provision selective accounts
- Create a vault to secure data
Mobile Device Management (MDM) helps to centrally control mobile devices and protect data. Compatible with iOS, Android & Windows.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) with AppTec
- Mobile App Management
- Mobile Content Management (MCM)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Digital Signage & Kiosk Mode
Scalefusion (formerly MobiLock Pro) is a Device Management Solution to manage your company-owned and employee-owned devices. Scalefusion helps companies secure and monitor devices like smartphones, tablets, iPads, and desktops.
- Bring Your Own Device, Reimagined
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solution for iOS
- Manage and Secure Windows 10 Devices with Scalefusion MDM
- Empower Your Devices in Kiosk Mode with Scalefusion Kiosk Software
- Lockdown your iPhone or iPad into Kiosk Mode (Single App Mode)
- Lockdown Windows 10 Desktop, Laptops & POS Systems into Single App Mode
- Device Groups & Profiles
- Kiosk Browser
- Location Tracking
- Bulk Enrollment
- Reports & Alerts
- Custom Branding
- Global Settings
- Admins & Roles
Run your entire business with Zoho’s suite of online productivity tools and SaaS applications. Over 40 million users trust us worldwide.
- Complete mobile device management
- Instant and automated enrollment
- Enforce maximum mobile security
- Manage app life cycles
- Securely access emails
- Regularly audit devices and apps
Snow Software is a leading supplier of Software Asset Management products and services. Drive down software costs and ensure licence compliance.
- Managing all aspects of device lifecycle
- Ease of use
- Mobile security
- Corporately-Owned, Personally-Enabled (COPE) and BYOD
- Improved service desk handling
- Sam Mobile
Orchestra Networks is a leading Enterprise Data Management software vendor (MDM, RDM, Data Governance). Manage your most important data with EBX.
Manage, govern and share any of your data assets:
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Reference Data Management (RDM)
- Data Governance
- Product MDM
- Party MDM
- Hierarchy Management
- Taxonomy Management
Support your business functions:
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Sales & Marketing
Support your enterprise applications:
- Oracle® Hyperion EPM
- BI & Big Data
Comply to regulations:
- GDPR Accelerator
Master Data Management Built for the Most Important Business in the World. Yours. Master data is a universal challenge that affects every company differently.
- Multidomain Master Data Management
- Product Master Data Management
- Customer Master Data Management
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Product Data Syndication
- STEP Master Data Management Platform
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )