People often have a misconception that RPA and AI chatbots are the same things as they are related to automation. However, the in-depth analysis says that there are significant differences between them. This creates a vital confusion on – where to go: AI chatbot software & solutions provider or robotic process automation solution provider?
Reading the article till the end, you can easily determine the appropriate destination to acquire your desirable products.
Automation software, be it your RPA of chatbots, is designed to automate the complex and repetitive processes that are monotonous in nature. Industries like retail, manufacturing, ecommerce, utility, healthcare, education and finance are all investing in any form of automation so as to have a seamless process. As a result, the ongoing demand for automation is expected to elevate more in the upcoming future.
Now, coming to workforce management, both the automation solutions – RPA and AI chatbots have their own individual proven strategies. It would be nice to see how you introduce this into your system for better results.
Let us understand the two technological solutions in details.
We all are aware of what RPA solutions and chatbots are. Here we will focus on the differences, followed by their individual advantages, so as to clarify all your major doubts on these two automation solutions.
Robotic process automation solutions
RPA is a technology that, when incorporated into any system, automates the entire process leveraging the human agents with complex and repetitive steps. When you visit a robotic process automation solution provider, you will witness three major RPA solutions.
- Attended RPA: Here, the robotic software works under human supervision.
- Unattended RPA: This allows the software to work independently without any human intervention.
- Hybrid RPA: This is a combined form of software that uses the other two’s absolute features.
AI chatbot software & solutions
Modern ventures team up with AI chatbot software & solutions providers to attain a bot that can chat with the users in a personalized tone. In the HR system, the bots are introduced to improve the employee experience as they can easily recognize requests and deliver instant responses to the users.
The conversational bots are used to solve simple queries that are preloaded in their knowledge base. Then, whenever they come across any complex question, the virtual assistants simply forward the message to the live chat agents. That’s how it works when included in HR managing software!
Major Differences to highlight
Both the automation solutions seem to be similar in nature but perform different activities due to their different characteristics. The differences that create hesitation between the two result-driven automation products are as follows.
- Zero-knowledge for language interpretation.
- Focus only on process automation.
- Works efficiently with the IT and back-office processes.
- Great support for the IT team.
- Efficient in gathering structured information.
- Possess linguistic knowledge.
- Perform human interactions.
- Instant responses to clarify doubts.
- Collect user-related information.
- Can be used for marketing purpose.
- Excellent support for team management.
Advantages of RPA solutions and AI chatbot solutions
RPA and AI chatbots are the two automation solutions that have the potential to take the business to its next level. This is the most prominent reason marketers rely more on RPA vendors and AI chatbot software & solutions providers. Let us highlight the advantages that attract them the most.
- 1. Non-disruptive nature: The HR system often faces trouble managing complex and risky workflows, preventing the organization from attaining success in that particular segment. However, with the incorporation of RPA software into the HR system, such procedures become simple and straightforward. In addition, it maintains data integrity and boosts the system functionality for better business health.
- 2. Rich analytical suite: The RPA solution providers, while developing their products, ensure clients about its rich analytical suite. Such a centralized structure assists the HR managers in monitoring the comprehensive HR functions within the organization. The centralized feature added a pro to the system by making it accessible from anywhere possible. Even the remote employees find this job simple. Every stage of the HR workflow can be thoroughly monitored, leaving no errors behind. This enhances the job accuracy, creating a huge positive impact on system productivity.
- 3. Hosting and deployment access: RPA software offers hosting and deployment access across various platforms, including virtual machines and the cloud. Cloud-based deployment is the primary aspect that seeks most of the attention of the users. The scalability and flexibility features are the special add-ons!
- 4. Security standards: RPA solutions maintain compliance with the security standards and industry regulations. This made the software more robust and secured, protecting the employee data from being tampered with. The RPA integration thus ensures internal security keeping the data safe from illegal threats.
- 1. Constant availability: Chatbots are specialized in guiding the users whenever they want. The HR chatbots, when implemented in an HR system, deliver instant responses to the queries raised by the employees. Unlike human agents, AI-powered HR bots are noticed for their constant support to the employees. They are well-known for their immediate availability, satisfying the users with their appropriate needs.
- 2. Better user engagement: HR chatbots facilitate the employees with their round-the-clock accessibility. This encourages and excites the users to engage with the platform in real-time. HR managers often mind hurdles in managing the entire workforce, addressing their issues in no time. With the help of AI-enabled virtual assistants, user engagement and employee management can be performed without any human intervention.
- 3. Access to numerous data: The implementation of chatbots in the HR system increases the access to numerous data related to the workforce. For an HR manager, the task of collecting employee details, storing them in the database, and using them for other purposes is time-consuming. Chatbots, with the help of its CRM feature, perform the job while conversing with the employees. This eases collecting employee feedback and other information and updating the same in the database.
- 4. Enhanced user experience: Chatbots are noted for generating a high user experience, be it the customers or the employees from the other end. This happens due to incorporating an intelligent knowledge base that assists the bot in delivering appropriate information in a fraction of seconds. For managing the workforce and administering their queries, chatbots are always the best-proven solution.
Streamline the HR process using chatbots with RPA
The perks of using RPA and chatbots are more or less similar. However, there still lies certain drawbacks that can be eliminated once you merge chatbots with RPA and integrate the solution into your HR system.
The RPA chatbots thus formed are much more communicative, intuitive, and cognitive, enough to simplify a complex process. You don’t need to invest more in HR managers to work on the process, saving many dollars for technological advancements offered by the workforce management software providers.
So, while you reach out to an AI chatbots software & solutions provider, ask about the RPA implementation. This will save enough time and make the work more productive in nature.
Alicia Johnson is an outreach consultant for multiple technologies industries. With expertise in corporate communications and practical knowledge about different technologies, she has spent the past 7 years working in the technologies industry and she loves to share her experience with readers.