The right business continuity planning software for your organization will depend on the requirements and solutions you need. A system that can help plan for continuity of business in an extended interruption is defined as a management system that aids in defining a process that enables your business to resume critical activities that are essential to the operation of your organization regardless of the type of disaster that may occur. If you are looking for a business continuity planning software management system then there are several factors that must be looked at.
First, the ideal disaster recovery planning software management system should be one that is an economical preventative solution that can counterbalance the costs of maintaining the business continuity plan with the potential loss that your business can suffer in the case that organizational activities are disrupted.
Why Do You Need Business Continuity Plan Software?
There’s a good reason that all businesses, not just large organizations need to have a business continuity plan in place in case of an emergency. Did you know that the majority of businesses fail to recover after suffering from a major disruption such as natural disasters or an attack on their data infrastructure. With the threats created by increased globalization, a viable BCP is essential for organizational longevity. Business continuity tools are available to help professionals or smaller organizations create a BCP manual. Some of these solutions are:
- Business continuity templates
- Business continuity planning software systems
- Data recovery planning software
Functions of A Business Continuity Plan Software
A software management system that assists your business in preparing for an extended interruption will have to be able to complete several tasks. First, a solution that assists in continuity of business will protect and restore essential business activities, assess and manage risk, perform a thorough business impact analysis, analyze resources and work sites, describe recovery steps, create procedures for tasks during resumption of business activities, determine the key roles and responsibilities of human resources and assets, and maintain the BCP manual procedures as well as train staff and managers.
The phases that a business continuity planning software solution addresses are the following:
- Analysis: This includes gathering data about business activities, assets, gathering data about staff and personnel, doing a survey of different departments, risk assessment, and determining critical and non-critical activities of an organization through business impact analysis.
- Design: The design of a solution includes extensive planning for different disaster scenarios. Key areas that will need to be defined and analyzed by your business continuity planning software are critical procedures for recovery, assignment of roles for key groups, the allocation of resources and assets, emergency contact persons, and procedures for dealing with clients, vendors, and suppliers.
- Implementation: Implementation of any business continuity plan procedure will include when and how a disaster is declared, determining who is responsible for activating the business continuity plan, the people that should be notified of the emergency procedures, the timeline of actions that are to be followed, and the scheduling of organizational functions.
- Maintenance: The plan will have to be maintained periodically in order to be effective for disaster recovery to be successful. A business continuity template will need to define procedures for logging the history and status of the recovery plan. There will also need to be a cost effective means of training staff of the procedures they are to follow.
The best business continuity planning software will integrate all five of these phases into it’s system.
Manage Tomorrow’s Surprises Today with LogicManager’s Top-Rated Enterprise Risk Management Software.
- Easily access, review, and update all of your BC/DR information like business processes and related assets in one centralized framework.
- Manage your responsibilities and track the status of your projects with easily accessible to-do lists
- Improve coordination between business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis response teams with automated tasks, alerts, and reminders
- Ensure the BCP you have in place is operational and effective with automated testing
- Link risks and controls directly to the business continuity plans they relate to with our taxonomy technology
- Evaluate the criticality of each business process with pre-built, intuitive business impact analysis templates
- Track disaster events when they occur, identify the gaps in your plans, and determine follow-up improvements to your procedures with our intuitive incident templates
- Prove BCP compliance to auditors and BCP effectiveness to senior management with highly configurable reports and compliance checklists
Quantivate’s Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) software solution enables you to effectively and efficiently manage your compliance, risks, and governance initiatives across the enterprise.
- Guided processes for identifying critical business processes (criticality and risk scoring)
- Risk assessment: threat and vulnerability analyses
- Business impact analysis (BIA)
- Editor tool for generating BC/DR plans
- Business process library
- Pre-loaded content: templates for BC/DR plans, pandemic plans, and crisis management
- Scenario-based exercising
- Configurable workflows, dashboards, reports, and user permissions
- Built-in analytics
- Real-time plan updates and electronic distribution
- Centralized storage for plans and documentation
- Mobile app
Business Continuity Software, Services and Tools from Assurance Software enables effective recovery and prevention plans for key business operations.
- Ensure Success
- Decrease Security Risks
- Promote Compliance
- Win Organizational Buy-In
- Go Beyond DIY
- Ensure Reliability
- Minimize Data Challenges
Nasdaq BWise is the global leader in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Management software.
- Maintaining a centralized business process repository
- Performing, storage, and mining of Business Impact Analyses (BIA) for business processes
- Prioritizing business continuity and disaster recovery plan development
- Authoring, reviewing, and updating business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Communicating Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) plans to effected stakeholders (e.g., employees, regulators, audit, communities)
- Conducting tabletop walkthroughs
- Resolving issues via assigning and monitoring of action plans
- Signaling of crisis events that activate continuity and resiliency plans
- Integrating with mass communication systems
- Tailored configurable reporting
Galvanize builds security, risk management, compliance, and audit software. We’re on a mission to unite these teams in our HighBond platform in order to strengthen individuals and protect organizations.
- Automated business continuity management (BCM) workflow
- Simplified Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Comprehensive business continuity reporting
PlanB Consulting are one of the UK’s leading providers of Business Continuity, Crisis Management and Incident Management consultancy. We help organisations to prepare for, react to and recover from disruptive events.
- Business Continuity Software
- FREE 30 Day Trial
- Features Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Catalyst Security
- Business Impact Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Plan Development
- Testing and Exercising
- Automatic Metrics
- Incident Management
- Emergency Notifications
- BC Program Management
- Recovery Strategy
- Plan Templates
Global Business Continuity Management Software (BCM Software) specialists empowering the business resilience of world leading organisations.
- Management Information & Reporting
- Plan Management
- Business Impact Analysis
- Explore (Data Visualisation)
- Incident Management / Notification
- Exercise & Testing
- Dynamic Reporting
- Corrective Action
- Audit & Compliance
- Document Management
- Mobile & Tablet Enabled
- Learning Management
- Central Management
- Policy Management
Hello there. My name is Stanislav and I live in USA St. Petersburg, FL. I am is a technical writer with a passion for writing on emerging technologies in the areas of mobile application development and IoT technology.
For years I have been looking for an online resource for naming great businesses software in my area. When I couldn’t find one, I decided to create it myself. Here in this blog Cllax – Top of IT you will find recommendations of software providers, and entrepreneurs for any of your business and personal needs.
Have a browse and if you have any recommendations yourself, please feel free to contact me!
( firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )