How do salespersons get orders? If you think about it, you will find that it starts with contacts. You come across a person or organization that you judge as a prospective customer. That is a sales contact. You then manage the contact till you are finally able to close a sale.
Sales contact management software helps you manage all the stages from the initial sales lead through contacts of different types to the final closing of the sale.
Successful salespersons have ways to generate a steady flow of sales leads. One of the ways might consist of cultivating contacts to get sales contacts. The cultivated contact might not be a direct prospect; but an intermediary who can bring prospective customers.
You record all sales contacts you come across, including intermediaries and final prospects. Then you maintain regular communication with each contact until you identify whether that person or organization is an immediate prospect or not.
If not an immediate prospect, you determine whether the contact could be a future prospect. In that case, you mark that contact as a prospect to be contacted after, say, three months or so.
If you are convinced that a particular contact is never going to be a prospect, you will most likely remove that person from your contacts list.
You might even use a pre-qualification check before adding a person or organization to your contacts.
Once you have added a contact, you have to formulate a campaign to convert that contact into a customer. Different campaigns might be appropriate for different contacts.
Then you have to maintain a history of all interactions with that person. It is this history that shows you the progress of your campaign with that contact. With numerous contacts being followed up at a time, you need a quickly accessible history to monitor your progress.
You also need timely alerts to phone or email a contact, or do some other action to execute your campaign.
Sales Contact Management Software
Sales contact management software helps you with all the contacts management tasks.
- You record full contact details of each contact you add – postal address, phone number, email address (and contact persons if it is an organization) into a standard form on the computer screen
- You identify the particular campaign to be followed for this contact.
- You record details of all contacts made with the person or organization – what was discussed, the kind of response, and such
- You schedule the software to alert you to call or email the person on particular dates
- You also identify the next task to be executed for each contact, gradually leading to closing the sale
We looked above at how the sales contact management software helps you manage a single contact. The same software can help you manage your daily routine. It can provide you a picture every morning of the tasks to be completed that day – the calls to make, the emails to write, the actions to take (to manage existing contacts or find new contacts).
In effect, sales contact management software is a specialized to-do list that utilizes the power of the computer to attend to selling tasks in a systematic manner.
Salesforce Partner Community is a PRM solution for effective channel management. Improve your partner relationships by sharing sales leads, marketing development funds, and sales expertise.
- Know every contact in your customer accounts
- Pull in social data for a deeper view of your customers
- Collaborate with people companywide
- Prepare for customer meetings while on the go
Freshsales is a full-fledged Sales CRM software for Business.
- Foster healthy customer relationships
- Collaborate better among teams
- Improve sales productivity
- Automate manual tasks
- Maintain accurate, unlimited data
- Drive greater sales
Agile CRM is the best contact management software available, with powerful features and integrations for web business, bloggers and SaaS companies.
- Single Page Management
- Third-Party Email
- Contact Timelines
- Web Analytics
- Email Integration
- Tag-Based Segmentation
- Events and Tasks
- Advanced Filters
- Bulk Actions
- Plugins and Widgets
- Robust Calling Capabilities
- Social Media Interaction
- Helpdesk Features
- Billing Functionality
- Custom Fields
- Contact Import
OnePageCRM is a simple online sales CRM for you & your sales team.
- Completed an action? Set the next one
- Focus on the task at hand. Strip the rest
- No more ‘dead’ databases. Action every contact
- Never lose sight of your targets
Online CRM for individuals, small businesses and sales teams wanting a simple, effective and affordable solution.
- Create and manage lists of contacts
- Vital statistics at a glance
- Search everything
Nimble helps you build relationships everywhere you engage — from your inbox to across the web.
- Take smarter actions
- Unify your contact data
- Actionable, accessible contact records
- Stay organized
- Always be top of mind
- Manage your team’s to-do’s
- Be prepared for everything
- Engage at scale
- Engage more effectively
- Plan your next move