Our world is changing very fast, and technologies are evolving. Today is the era of smartphones, creativity, and personalization. As well as that, the printing industry was moved to digital techniques and now is one of those who has a significant impact on delivering custom products and personalized experience.
It is not a secret that every business owner wants to streamline their orders and increase the number of loyal customers. That is why having a product design tool integrated into your online shop is a must-have for grabbing your visitors’ attention. Putting the design process in your customers’ hands gives them absolute freedom and the ability for you to meet their requirements. Therefore, we collected the list of best product design tools and its features that can help you to grow your business. Let’s get it started!
LiveArt company is a well-known provider of robust solutions for the web to print storefronts. Their design software is suitable for all kinds of decoration industries like t-shirts, signage, jewelry, uniforms, promotional products, face masks, and many others. Developed as SDK, this tool is the right choice for print service providers who want to streamline orders at little cost and for developers who want to build the shop from scratch with a custom backend. Except for out-of-the-box tool features, LiveArt can customize the designer according to your requirements.
- The designer can be integrated into popular eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, nopCommerce, FoxyCart, BigCommerce, and many others via its versatile Web to Print API.
- Supports all kinds of products that can be printed.
- Has a user-friendly interface and provides a seamless experience on mobiles as well as tablets or desktops.
- Allows designing multi-panel colored uniform apparel.
- Simple yet powerful text tools with vector effects.
- Allows adding names/numbers roster for sports apparel.
- Easy to extend free artwork gallery, so your customers can use them or upload their own.
- Supports standard image formats, including SVG, as well as complex ones such as PDF or TIFF.
- Provides high-quality output with configurable DPI and format according to customer’s needs.
- Has own admin panel for products, templates, assets setup, and order management. As a store owner, it allows you to configure those features that will be available for your customers.
Fancy Product Designer is an HTML5 plugin that can be embedded into your eCommerce platform and allows your customers to create custom product designs. The designer is suitable for any kind of product like apparel, accessory, and promotional products. You can integrate this designer with WooCommerce, Shopify, or implement it in any site using jQuery. You can also buy add-ons like pricing rules, print-ready export, multistep configurations, which are available as plugins for WooCommerce.
- The plugin is responsive to all devices, so you will definitely provide your users with a great experience.
- This tool is suitable for customizing any type of product.
- Has own Admin panel, which is a cloud solution and can be used for designer management.
- Provides UI composer to tweak the interface according to your needs.
- Allows multiple zone upload – front, back, sleeve, and others.
- Has basic export to PDF, JPEG, PNG, or SVG of 72 DPI, which can be upgraded.
- Allows upload images from social media like Facebook, Instagram.
- Has a drawing module that allows choosing a suitable width, colors, and brush type.
Customily offers the designer that can be integrated into your storefront and allows your customers to design products according to their needs. They provide integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, BigCommerce, and PrestaShop. This software allows customizing many products like t-shirts, jewelry, phone cases, stationery, and face masks and generates print-ready output files that you can use for production. Once you add this tool to your shop, you will be able to provide your customers with a good experience.
- Suitable for all kinds of products that can be customized with a live preview.
- Provides ready for print files in high-resolution.
- Allows users to apply different patterns to products.
- Customily is responsive to all devices, including mobiles, tablets, and desktops.
- Has own admin panel to control and manage products, assets, and the catalog overall.
- Allows sharing the design on social media, which allows you to increase customers’ engagement.
- Has a free image gallery and allows uploading their own pictures or designs.
Inkxe is a product designer tool that you can integrate with your shop and provide your customers’ ability to create custom designs. You can use this software for selling apparel, signage, promotional products, and many others. The Inkxe design tool can be integrated with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, 3dCart, Magento, and many others. The tool has good UI/UX and works on mobile, desktops, and tablets.
- Allows setting multicolored products, so customers will be able to change colors of product parts.
- Supports multiple file formats such as PNG, SVG, JPEG, PDF, and others.
- Customers can upload images from social media like Facebook or Instagram.
- Allows image editing like auto-converting, color removal, adding effects.
- Allows hand drawing the design to provide more freedom to your customers.
- Customers can check the designed product in real 3D preview.
- Has own Admin panel for working with the designer and catalog management.
Lumise is a product designer tool that you can also use for your web to print storefront. The tool has great UI/UX, so you can enhance your customer’s experience while selling custom products online. Lumise can be integrated with WordPress, WooCommerce, PHP, and Shopify. The Lumise tool can be used for customizing any kind of product like a t-shirt, business cards, apparel, and many more.
- Responsive to all devices like tablets, mobiles, and PC.
- Has a free gallery of cliparts and prebuild templates.
- Allows uploading images from social media and online stocks like Unsplash and Pixabay.
- Has a drawing tool to allow customers to create unique designs on products.
- Allows image editing like cropping, applying filters, and removing the background.
- Provides high-quality output in PDF, JPG, or SVG formats.
- Allows language translation by API configuring.
To sum up, we just looked through top design tools that you can add to your online shop. Even though you have read about their features, it would be better to check companies’ websites that provide them to get to know more information or request demos.
Before you choose the tool for your storefront, ensure that it fits your business needs and supports the products you are producing. The software should directly solve those problems which prevent your business growth. Mainly, it should help you understand your customers’ needs better, be easy for you, have a user-friendly interface, and save your time and money.
It would also be better to choose a company that provides expert presale support, understands your problems, and even offers a customized demo trial. Many web to print design tool providers have free support for three months or allow you to purchase a support plan for long-term support. You should ensure that you will have reliable experts to assist with new product setup or if your customers encounter any issues, which can harm your business process and cause a loss of money. Staying competitive in the market remains one of the keys to your business success.
Tetyana Ilchenko is a content writer and marketer. She is a persistent traveler and fond of education, web to print business, blogging, and marketing issues. Feel free to contact her on LinkedIn.